My teaching approach is based on function and fun! I strive to make lesson time both fun and entertaining with enthusiasm, fun activities, and friendliness. I focus on the individual student's learning style in developing a study program specifically for them and in this way provide them with the best means for success.
I have a degree in business management and am currently applying to physical therapy school. I have worked with over 300 students of all ages to help them to develop English-language skills and, as a result of my tutoring, their conversational and written competence in the English language saw drastic improvement.
Brigham Young University
1/2011 – 4/2015
• Graduated cum laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management: Provo, UT Entrepreneurship emphasis. GPA 3.89
• Pre-requisite coursework for physical therapy school
• Current overall GPA 3.91
• Science GPA 4.0
Independently Contracted Online Teacher through VIPKID 8/2016 – Present
• Instructed over 300 Chinese-speaking students from ages five to thirteen in the
development of their English language fluency
• Built and prepared a lesson environment and teaching aides appropriate for students of
various skill levels.
Interventional English Tutor and Computer Teacher 8/2016 – 6/2017
• Instructed over 20 students in the development of comprehension and fluency in the
English language, improving their test scores by 20%
• Assisted ESL students in grasping basic grammar, sentence structure, and vocabulary usage
• Taught classes of various size and age level the basics of computer safety, programming,
Microsoft Office Suite competency, and online research techniques.
Senior Zone Coordinator and Finnish/English Language Teacher 1/2011 – 4/2015
• Managed and trained over 40 language tutors
• Piloted and implemented new teaching techniques and communication methods resulting in a 50%
increase in return customer participation
• Authored 150-page Finnish Grammar Guide and several teaching aides
• Developed tutoring methodology and curriculum that improved student performance by 15%
International Business Model Competition Event Planner and Contact 9/2013 – 4/2015
• Planned and managed events for over 100 competitors as a member of committee
• Acted as a direct liaison to 8 university officials in Japan, Finland, Estonia, France, and Louisiana
• Recipient of BYU academic scholarships and Las Vegas BYU Alumni Association Scholarship
• Boy Scouts of America - Eagle Scout, On My Honor, and three 50-miler awards
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking listening comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$27||$22|
|5 hours||Not available||$46||$110|
|10 hours||Not available||$70||$220|