My teaching method remains the same and is adjusted to the age and level of English the student has reached as well as the goals related to me by the student and/or parent/guardian. I adjust my approach based on the forgoing factors and for each student.
I am a psychologist, lawyer, chef and ESL Professor having taught hundreds of students over the course of more than 10 years, prepared course syllabi, lesson plans sourcing course materials, and having taught classes upward of 60 students. Many of my students have gone on to college with honors. I adjust my teaching methodology to the age, level of competence in English, and goals of my students.
My rates for beginners is $50.00/hr; for intermediate level $60.00/hr; for advanced 65.00/hr.
13976 Via Flora, Unit A
Delray Beach, FL 33484
NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKER
MARITAL STATUS: Single
TEFL-certified instructor with: Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Sociology/Psychology; Juris Doctor in Law; Master of Laws; AS in the Culinary Arts. Experience teaching English to adults of various native languages. Planned and taught lessons to small groups as well as personal tutoring. Experience with both adults and children; Fluent in English.
120-HOUR TEFL CERTIFICATION March 2012
TEFL Institute, Chicago, IL USA
• 100 hours of training with 20 hours of student teaching
B.A. IN SOCIOLOGY/PSYCHOLOGY 1966
University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL, USA
ALL CLASSES TAKEN WITHOUT THESIS, MASTER OF ARTS IN 1966
CHILD PSYCHOLOGY (Award Pending Thesis)
The New School, New York, New York, USA
JURIS DOCTOR OF LAW 1969
Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA, USA
MASTER OF LAWS 1973 New York Univ. Graduate School of Law, New York, NY, USA
AS in the CULINARY ARTS 2001 The Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, School of Culinary Arts, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE__________________________________
ENGLISH INSTRUCTOR 2012
TEFL Institute, Chicago, IL USA
• Taught small groups of adults from various backgrounds
• Facilitated conversations with natural expressions
• Worked on natural pronunciation and stress patterns
• Assigned and graded homework assignments
• Extreme Learning Center, Arequipa, Peru 2012
• Berlitz School of Languages, San Luis Potosi, Mexico 2013
• Academic Education, Inc., Boca Raton, FL April 2013 – October 2019
• Palm Beach Language Institute, West Palm Beach, FL April 2019 – November 2019
• Academic International, Boca Raton, FL June 2019 - October 2019
• Move Language Forward, Naperville, IL July 2019
• Sylvan Learning, Boca Raton, FL January 30, 2020 – Present
SUBSITUTE TEACHER 1966 Linden, NJ School System, Linden, NJ, USA
• Taught in small groups and one-on-one setting to the mentally challenged
• Emphasized basic communication skills
• Developed lesson plans around individual student needs
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER, MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOLS Palm Beach County School System, West Palm Beach, FL, USA 1996
PRIVATE ESL TUTOR AND INSTRUCTOR 2012 - Present
Private Tutor and Instructor in English to native Spanish speakers
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE_________________________________
PRACTICING LAWYER 1969 -1993
Lawrence Schechterman, P.A., New York, NY; East Brunswick, NJ; Boca Raton, FL, USA
Specialized in Securities, Tax, Franchise, and Corporate Law
LECTURER IN SECURITIES, FRANCHISE, AND CORPORATE LAW New Jersey State Bar Association, Trenton, NJ, USA; Middlesex County, NJ Bar Association, New Brunswick, NJ, USA; Florida Bar Association, Tallahassee, FL USA; Palm Beach County Bar Association, West Palm Beach, FL USA. All lectures were accompanied by Books and Written Materials created by me.
SECURITIES ARBITRATION RECOVERY, INC. 1993
Boca Raton, FL, USA; Represented stockbrokers and customers before the United States Securities & Exchange Commission; New York Stock Exchange, and American Stock Exchange, NY, NY
FREELANCE TRAVEL WRITER/PHOTOGRAPHER January 2001 - Present
Chef Lorenzo Enterprises, Inc. Boca Raton, FL USA
Taught in small groups and one-on-one to beginner and intermediate cooks. May 2001 - Present
WINE AND CHEESE SPECIALIST 2008 -2012
The Greenwise Market, Boca Raton, FL, USA, Publix Supermarkets, Inc.
Lakeland, FL, USA
MANAGER, JOSEF’S ART GALLERY
Westfield, NJ, USA, managed an art gallery showing and selling multiple period artwork, recommended and performed the work to frame and mat pictures. June 1953 – May 1966
OTHER AWARDS, SKILLS, INTERESTS_______________________________________________
• Law Review, Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA USA 1969
• Licensed to practice law (NY, NJ, FL) 1969
Certified in Food Service Sanitation and Supervision 2001
• Certification by National Restaurant Association 2001
• Merit Scholarship for Signature Recipe at the School of Culinary Arts, The Art Institute, Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA 1998
• Construction and Building Supervision regarding the construction of a new synagogue for B’nai Torah Congregation of Boca Raton, FL USA 1987-1989
• Who’s Who in America (1983 – 2020); Who’s Who in the World (1993 – 2020) : Selected for Lifetime Achievement Award 2019
• Recommendation of Merit to the U.S. Pavilion, Cannes, France from Chef Klaus Friedenreich, CEC, CMC, Chair of the Department of Culinary Arts,
Art Institute of Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA 2000
• IBC 2000 Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century, 9th Edition 2015
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Outlook
• In The Mood With Food, A Bachelor’s Guide To Wooing Her With Food, self published 1999
• My Italy (awaiting publication) a travel article about Toscana, Italia 2011
• The Bifurcated Jury in First Degree Murder Trials, Suffolk University Law School, Law Review 1969
• Poems of Now and Then, A Poetry Collection
Exlibris Publishing Corporation (concealed information) 2012- republished, Strategic Book Publishing and Rights Co. 2018
• Many poems in the publications of the International Library of Poetry and included in The Best Poems and Poets 2007 1998-2010
• Outstanding Achievement as a City Councilman (a publicly elected office) for East Brunswick, NJ USA
• The Professional Writer’s Alliance
• American Writer’s & Artists, Inc.
• American Culinary Federation
• Alumni Organization, TEFL Institute, Inc.
• B’nai Torah Congregation of Boca Raton, FL (Past President and Trustee)
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$50||$50||Not available|
|5 hours||$55||$55||Not available|
|10 hours||$50||$50||Not available|