I have taught elementary, middle school, and adult students. I am able to tailor lessons to the needs of the individual or group. I often teach conversational based lessons mixed with vocabulary and grammar. I attempt to make lessons enjoyable and interesting by using natural conversation and a student's personal interests to create lesson content.
I have a degree in History from Oklahoma State University. I taught English as a Second Language in Japan for 1.7 years and received my TEFL Certification from International TEFL Academy in Chicago. I have a passion for helping students learn to effectively communicate with the world around them.
Lesson cancellation is expected at least 24 hours prior to the lesson or half of the hourly rate is still expected.
Oklahoma State University
Bachelor of Arts in History
• National Student Exchange – University of Washington (September 2014 – April 2015)
• Study Abroad Program – National University of Ireland, Galway (January – May 2013)
Interac West Company Ashikita, Japan
Assistant Language Teacher August 2017 – March 2019
• Provided support inside and outside the classroom to build rapport and enable participation through speech contests and English club activities
• Planned and executed daily and long-term lesson goals
Edmond Public Schools Edmond, OK
Substitute Teacher March 2016 – May 2017
• Oversaw a range of elementary, middle, and high school classes, predominantly 9th grade
• Became familiar with general school policies and classroom management techniques
International TEFL Academy Chicago, IL
Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certification Program July – August 2016
• 10 hours required teaching practicum for ESL students from different countries and backgrounds
Camp Chaverim OKC Oklahoma City, OK
Senior Counselor June – July 2011
• Supervised a group of approximately 15 pre-school aged children
• Conducted a range of activities including arts and crafts, music, meal management, etc.
Motivated teacher with 1.7 years experience teaching elementary, junior high, and adult students from non-English speaking backgrounds. Experience consists of teaching at multiple institutions in the roles of T1, T2, co-teacher, and substitute teacher. Ability to assess, instruct, and mentor students from a wide age range through effective communication and interesting content creation. Adept at overcoming learning and communication barriers through cultivating productive relationships with students. Comfortable teaching a variety of subject areas.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, listening comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking writing expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$18|