Every classroom setting is unique and, therefore, requires a different approach for learning. This ranges from focused one-on-one tutoring/coaching/instructing of adults to teaching a group of children how to play soccer, or a foreign child learning English. In the end, the method used must accomplish the need of the individuals.
My quote is: “Tell me the process you used to make the decision.”
My business management experience is significant and provides a foundation for a well-rounded classroom experience. Connecting management subject matter to real-world experience is a powerful learning process in acquiring competencies and capabilities for personal development.
My skill set includes being an adjunct professor, guest lecturer, instructor, advisor, facilitator, executive coach, consultant and mentor.
I hold a Bachelor’s degree from Eastern Kentucky University and an Master of Business Administration from the University of Cincinnati (management and finance), and have earned specialized certifications in Business Financial Analysis at the Graduate School of Credit and Financial Management; System Dynamics of Business Structures at London Business School, UK; and Computer Simulation of Corporate Strategy at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
The hourly rate for college students is $30. The hourly rate for other adults (professionals, managers, supervisors, etc. is $40.
Cancellations received 'within 24 hours' of the scheduled class are charged 50% of the hourly rate.
Corporate executive with broad experience in Operations, Corporate and Management Development, Corporate Planning, Strategic Financial Analysis, Business Evaluation, Business Transition, Organization Strategy, Corporate Culture Change, and Board Development. Unique experience in designing, directing, and implementing strategies required to change a management perspective and organizational structure during an extremely challenging economic environment.
ENGAGEMENTS SINCE EARLY RETIREMENT
2009 - Present
• English as a Second Language Teacher; VIPKids.com
• Business Management Expert, Study.com.
• Selective business, professional and personal consulting primarily for executive management and
owners of privately held companies. Focus is on strategy development, management skills, strategic
issues, and more effective decision-making competencies for improving the organization’s
• Business Advisor/Instructor; Business Boards Institute, Goering Center for Family and Private
Business, College of Business, University of Cincinnati.
• Facilitator, Family Guide, and Steering Committee Member; Next Generation Institute, Goering Center
for Family and Private Business, College of Business, University of Cincinnati.
• Facilitator/Instructor, High Performance Boards, Leadership, Aileron (An institute dedicated to helping
business owners prosper.), Dayton, OH.
• Adjunct Professor, Williams College of Business, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH.
• Guest Instructor, University of Cincinnati, Carl H. Linder College of Business.
Senco Products, Sencorp, Cincinnati, OH (Retired Early)
Senco Products, Sencorp was a privately held global manufacturer of industrial pneumatic fastening systems used primarily in residential and commercial construction, manufacturing housing and recreational vehicles. Annual revenues exceeded $300 million.
2000 - 2008 Executive Officer (non-family/non-ownership)
• Responsible for global operations of the business during the Company’s most challenging economic
conditions in its 50+ year history.
• Special focus on implementing strategies developed for transitioning the Corporation to a new
operating structure to establish more efficient and profitable business units.
• Developed business strategies, directed structural changes that often required a new business
perspective, and established corporate measurements to gauge management's implementation
• Created the Company’s first Organization Management Development responsibility for developing,
acquiring, and retaining key management talent.
• Despite a severe economic downturn in the housing industry in 2008-09, the changes that took place
in the organizational structure, and management competencies and capabilities were significant. Five
new profitable businesses were developed during 2003 - 2007.
Prior to 2000 Director - Strategic Planning/Corporate Development
Manager - Corporate Strategic Planning
Assistant Corporate Credit Manager
Dun & Bradstreet, Inc.: Cincinnati, OH; Charleston, WV
Dun & Bradstreet is a global provider of credit information on private businesses and corporations. Revenues $1 billion+.
• Business Analyst - Analyzed and evaluated hundreds of businesses from “mom and pop” shops to
multi-million-dollar corporations. Interviewed business owners.
• District Manager – Responsible for all business reporting/analysis.
• BA; Eastern Kentucky University.
• MBA; University of Cincinnati, Management; Finance – Intl. Honor Society in Business.
• Certification: Graduate School of Credit and Financial Management in Business Financial Analysis and
• Certification: London Business School, London, UK in System Dynamics of Business Structures.
• Certification: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sloan School of Management in Computer
Simulation of Corporate Strategy.
• National Association of Corporate Directors - Completed their education program to become Board
Certified. Focus has been on privately held companies.
• Course for Presidents, Aileron, Dayton, OH.
• High Performance Boards, Aileron, Dayton, OH
• Creating an Outside Board, Aileron, Dayton, OH
• Executive Mentor, Williams College of Business, Xavier University, MBA students.
• American Management Association, Strategic Planning
• Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Financial Management
• Mastering Business Development, Business Development Strategies and Processes, MBDi, Charlotte,
• Honor Flight Tri-State – Volunteer; Wounded Warrior Project – Volunteer; Marine for Life Program –
Mentor; Make-A-Wish –Program Team &Volunteer.
career coaching lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Professional training to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job search coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$30|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|