I am a former Science and ESL teacher (native English speaker) who just moved back to Boston from San Juan, PR, where I taught middle and high school chemistry, biology, physics, and math for the past two years at Puerto Rico's only IB School. While living in Puerto Rico, I also tutored in English language vocabulary and composition, as well as conversational English in addition to my teaching job. Prior to living in PR, I studied Environmental Health Science at Harvard University (B.A. 2014), where I currently work at the School of Public Health. I've tutored in a variety of subjects, including biology, chemistry, English, Spanish, writing, literacy, and college application support. I have worked with a range of ages, from teaching kindergarten health classes all through my undergraduate time in Boston, teaching middle and high school full time professionally, and tutoring adults and college students. My methodology utilizes module structure that is flexible and responsive to student pace and feedback. I look forward to working with you!
I've been teaching/tutoring in some capacity for the past 6 years - the past two, I've been teaching full time, professionally, in a middle and high school position at Robinson School in San Juan, PR. I've taught classes of up to 30 students as well as tutored individuals and small groups, and I've helped students achieve tremendous progress, skill development, improved grades, and college admission.
• 2014 B.A. in Environmental Health from Harvard College Magna Cum Laude. GPA 3.8/4.0
• Psychology minor, Spanish citation; coursework in health and nutrition sciences, human anatomy and physiology, and environmental health.
Robinson School (I.B. School) San Juan, PR
Biology & Chemistry Teacher; Environmental Initiatives Coordinator August 2014 – August 2016
• Instruct 96 middle and high school students in International Baccalaureate science curricula.
• Spearhead environmental awareness and action initiatives, including beach cleanups and marine/estuarine water quality testing.
• Provided one on one tutoring to four students in math, biology, and English literacy/writing.
• Tutored two adults one on one in conversational English.
Harvard College Health Advocacy Program Cambridge, MA
Kindergarten Co-Founder and Curriculum Director September 2010 – May 2014
• Founded the Kindergarten extension of the program and served as the 2012 inaugural director, designing and teaching weekly interactive nutrition and health lessons to 25 multicultural kindergarteners.
• Developed dynamic health lessons for students aged 9-18 in Boston’s most underprivileged schools.
East Boston Ecumenical Community Council: Aspira Boston, MA
Tutor and Writing Coach January 2014 – June 2014
• One-on-one bilingual (English/Spanish) tutoring in English, Psychology, Biology, and Math to high school students who recently emigrated from El Salvador, Colombia, and the DR.
• Provided support and translation assistance with English essay-writing, scholarship, and college applications.
Harvard Bureau of Study Counsel Cambridge, MA
Tutor and Writing Coach September 2010 – May 2014
• Customized, one-on-one tutoring in Anatomy and Physiology, Psychology, English composition and grammar, Spanish, and Biology for multicultural college students.
algebra lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$158||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$298||$250|