I work in partnership with each student, tailoring my teaching approach to meet each student's optimal learning style. Combining proven and practical problem solving methods with conceptual insights, I can help you develop a clear understanding of any math concept and how to apply that knowledge in solving the variety of problems you will face.
I have experience as both a classroom teacher and private tutor. I can help you improve your grades and most importantly, help you develop an intuitive understanding that will give you confidence in any math topic! I have a BS and BA in Economics (Wharton/University of PA) and MBA in Finance with a concentration in mathematics (NYU).
I am also a candidate for Associate of the Society of Actuaries and have passed the Financial Math, Probability, and MFE exams. I offer test preparation tutoring for these exams as well.
$50/hour for in-person lessons, $40/hour for online lessons.
A similar discount is offered for booking a "pack" of on-line lessons:
For 5 hours on-line: $175
For 10 hours on-line: $325
Alexander “Sandy” Fitzburgh
241 Seamist Court
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
phone: (concealed information)
Mathematician/statistician and experienced Math Tutor. Subject area expertise includes Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus, Probability and Statistics. Mathematical expertise complimented by excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
MATH EXPERTISE AND TRAINING
Special expertise: Probability and Statistics, Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Financial Math, Corporate Finance, Capital Markets, Macroeconomics
Experience as both a classroom teacher and private tutor
Passed FTCE Math 6-12 Exam and all other required FTCE Exams required to teach Math grades 6-12 in Florida
Candidate for Associate of the Society of Actuaries: Passed Probability, Financial Math, and Financial Economics exams
MBA in Finance with concentration in applied mathematics
Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Economics
Awarded UNF EPI 2014 Math/Science Scholarship
Experienced educator in private sector to C-level Executives, Directors and Senior Management
A Grade Above Tutors, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 2018 to present
Launched private tutoring company, providing one-on-one tutoring in SAT/ACT preparation and all high school math subjects. Experience utilizing a variety of distance learning technology tools including Skype, online collaborative white boards, and internet graphing software such as Desmos.
University Select LLC, St Augustine, FL 2018 to present
Tutoring students in SAT/ACT Math preparation. Also provide consulting advice to University Select to assist in the development/improvement of the company’s online platform content.
St Johns Learning Center, St Augustine, FL 2018
Tutoring students in SAT/ACT preparation and all high school math subjects including Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics, Pre-Calculus and Calculus.
Club Z! In-Home Tutoring, St. Augustine, FL 2016-2018
Tutoring college and high school students in Algebra, Probability and Statistics, Calculus and other math subjects as required.
Bridge to Success Middle School, Jacksonville, FL July – November 2015
Responsible for all aspects of classroom instruction and management for 60 - 70 sixth grade math students. Bridge to Success is a specialized program for at-risk students seeking to re-enter the mainstream public education system in Duval County. The challenge for math teachers: guide students toward completing both 6th and 7th grade math curriculum in a single school year.
First Coast Premier Properties, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 2011-present
Specializing in real estate investing and serving real estate investors; also established First Coast Property Investors LLC to provide real estate investors with a more efficient and diversified way to invest in income earning residential properties.
eSecLending, Boston, MA 2001-2011
Senior Vice President, US Business Development
• Reporting directly to CEO, led US business development from firm’s start-up phase to position as the largest independent securities lending agent in the world
• Directly responsible for new client business that produced over $35 million in revenue
• Developed patent-pending securities lending performance evaluation system; nominated for best technological innovation in the securities lending industry in 2011
• Responsible for training and mentoring new business development professionals
JP Morgan Investment Management, New York, NY 1994–2000
Vice President and Head of Stable Value Business
• Reporting to Head of Fixed Income Group, established and led the stable value investment business for the firm
• Identified and quantified the stable value business opportunity for JP Morgan and built internal consensus to pursue
• Developed and executed the business plan, growing the business to over $7 billion AUM with annual revenues exceeding $10 million
• Pioneered the development and utilization of actively managed “synthetic GICs”, now a widely utilized stable value investment strategy
Morgan Guaranty Trust Company, New York, NY 1982–1994
• Developed the firm’s Bank Investment Contract (BIC) product as an alternative to traditional Guaranteed Investment Contracts (GICS) offered by insurance companies
• Closed more than $5 billion in Bank Investment Contract funding agreements which generated $10-12 million in annual funding cost savings
• Worked with bank’s Treasury Desk to structure funding agreements and interest rate swaps to meet asset-liability management requirements for the bank
• Completed JP Morgan Corporate Finance Training Program
• Prior to 1988, held positions in Corporate Finance and International Economics Departments
New York University, Stern School of Business, 1991
Master of Business Administration, Finance
University of Pennsylvania, Dual Degree Program, 1982
Bachelor of Science in Economics – Wharton School of Business
Bachelor of Arts in Economics – College of Arts and Sciences
University of North Florida - Educator Preparation Institute
Awarded 2014/2015 Math and Science Scholarship
Florida Teacher Certification Program
Candidate for Associate of Society of Actuaries
My son was struggling with math and Sandy was able to not only get him through his 7th-grade year, but also prepare him for 8th grade. He is trustworthy and reliable as well. I would highly recommend Sandy for tutoring help.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, geometry lessons for all!
Taking statistics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|