My teaching ideology is based on teaching students to problem solve using their resources. I believe that when you teach students to be problem solvers, there's nothing that they cannot accomplish or master. I am comfortable giving lessons K-12th as well as to college students. I can work one on one as well as with groups. I prefer to tutor in person, but I am happy to use an online platform.
I am an adjunct professor at Ivy Tech part time with 6+ years of private tutoring experience. I have a degree in Engineering and a minor in Mathematics. I have helped students raise their class grade, raise testing scores, and study to pass college "compass" tests.
Paige Thompson, E.T.
Experienced academic coach and tutor who brings enthusiasm to each and every tutoring session. I work to tailor content and teaching strategies to each individual as I learn about their interests, strengths, and weaknesses.
Clear communication Problem solving Enthusiasm Excel
Organization Conflict resolution Adaptability Zoom
December 2019 – PRESENT
Ivy Technical Community College, Madison, IN – Adjunct Professor and Student Instructor Coordinator
● Recruit and train supplemental instructors.
● Supervise supplemental instructors.
● Manage time sheets.
● Ensure participation in class and training.
July 2019 - PRESENT
Habitat for Humanity, Madison, IN – Volunteer Coordinator & ReStore Manager
● Recruits and manages individual volunteers as well as teams of volunteers.
● Leads ReStore team of employees, manages scheduling, handles customer relations.
● Created and documented store policies and procedures.
October 2018 – February 2020
Girls Inc. of Jefferson County, Madison, IN - Part-time Employee
● Supervises groups of up to twelve K-4th grade girls on the playground or in the homework help room.
● Follows procedures that are in place and practices safety oriented thinking.
September 2016 - April 2018
Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonaiss, IL - Academic Coach
● Worked with students individually and in groups, adjusting teaching style and methods as well as pace to suit each situation.
● Taught Chemistry concepts and skills as well as helped students develop better studying habits and test taking skills.
August 2013 - December 2015
Joliet Junior College, Joliet, IL - Associate of Science GPA: 3.6
January 2016- May 2018
Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonaiss, IL - Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering (Chemical Conc.) GPA: 3.7
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|