The teaching method that I find most effective is one that constantly encourages children and gives them the confidence that they need to succeed. I believe in guiding children by asking them a lot of questions and giving them positive feedback. I also value giving different ways and tools to solve the problem and seeing which path makes the most sense to them.
I graduated from high school in Portland, OR and am taking a gap year before heading to Cornell University in the fall. In Portland, I tutored for Mathnasium (math tutoring company) for one year and privately tutored children in the side. Now, I’m living in Barcelona for the second half of my gap year and looking to continue tutoring!
Cornell University, College of Arts and Sciences
- Planning on majoring in Economics and Spanish
- Currently taking a gap year before enrolling in Cornell’s class of 2025
Oregon Episcopal School (2015 - 2020)
- 3.92 GPA (UW)
- 99th percentile for standardized tests (ACT, PSAT, National Spanish Exam)
Work Experience (relevant to tutoring):
Private Tutor (May 2020 - present)
- Provide one-on-one and small group instruction to students and learning pods
- Develop math and Spanish plans that address weakness and assess progress
- Analyze student comprehension and set goals to build skill set and confidence
Mathnasium Tutor (Jan. 2020 - present)
- Tutor students in a variety of mathematical concepts in a team teaching environment
- Conduct regular assessments and communicate with parents about student progress
- Assess individuals’ strength, weaknesses, and learning style to best meet students’ needs
I have been a close friend and classmate of Isabelle's for many years. She is kind, patient, understanding, and extremely dedicated. As a teacher, she will push you to do your best and make sure you succeed with confidence. You can't find someone better!
Isabelle is a long time friend, and she has helped me study for tests and work through homework problems in precalculus and statistics. She’s patient and finds ways to work around and re-describe problems until you (the student) understands! Can’t recommend her enough!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|