I describe myself as flexible, accommodating, and bilingual. My teaching method is student-centered and real-world based. My lesson sessions are based on direct instruction. I will introduce the topic and goals, evaluation of students' skills, modelling of the new content, guided practice, independent practice, and then final evaluation. I give my lessons to high school students and college students of all levels. Also, I can provide the lessons in Spanish if desired. My main belief is that all students have an ideal career path and want to reach their full potential. My main objective is to ensure that students know how to write a resume and cover letter, which will be essential skills to learn from now and beyond.
From September 2017 - May 2018 as a university student at Temple University, I was Secretary of the College of Liberal Arts Professional Development Student Association. I was responsible for mentoring other college students in how to write a resume and cover letter, while also showing how to conduct oneself professionally in networking events through workshops and presentations. In addition, I learned from personal experiences and many career advisers in how to build well-organized resumes, cover letters, business cards, and networking skills. As a result, I helped increase membership in the Professional Development Student Association and improved students' confidence as networking professionals.
It is understandable if you have to cancel a tutoring session due to other commitments and emergencies. If you must cancel a session, please let me know at least 12 hours in advance. Thank you.
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (Expected Graduation: Spring 2019)
Master of Education in Secondary Education, College of Education
• GPA: 4.00
Temple University, Philadelphia, PA (Graduated: Spring 2018)
Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, Geography Information Systems Certificate, College of Liberal Arts
• GPA: 3.94 (Dean’s List: Fall 2015 – Spring 2018)
Latin American Studies Semester, Heredia, Costa Rica, and Philadelphia, PA
Student (January 2015 – May 2015)
• Demonstrated proficient communication in Spanish with students, professors, and residents
• Prepared initiatives in providing first aid and medication to other students in case of emergencies
• Established critical thinking & cultural awareness by engaging in a foreign country’s diverse culture
Temple University College of Liberal Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Secretary of the Professional Student Development Association (September 2017 – May 2018)
• Recorded data of group meetings and events to keep track of group attendance, event ideas, and club progress
• Collaborated in planning events and services that improved students’ career prospects and networking skills
• Established and edited a Prezi presentation used for in-class that taught basic networking skills
• Endorsed organization's services and membership by formally presenting in front of classes of 30+ students
Temple University College of Liberal Arts, Philadelphia, PA (September 2015 – May 2018)
• Informed 100+ high school students on various liberal arts programs and academic services at campus events
• Arranged seating, handouts, and displays for open houses, orientations, and conferences for up to 300 guests
• Formally co-led a presentation about Temple’s graduate school programs, student life, and work experiences
• Sigma Delta Pi Prize, Outstanding Member in Hispanic Studies (May 2018)
Resume / Cover letter writing prep close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$20|