My classes are always fun, and are action-based.
I believe motivation is the most powerful tool for learning enhancement.
I am also a strong believer in full immersion, which means that during class, I speak only in French even with beginners, believe me or not, it works! I draw, I mime, I use plenty of techniques, and you will understand it all!
I have been giving French classes for 10 years+, in the Alliance Francaise in Mexico and in the Bay Area.
I have extensive training and experience in teaching children (from 5 years old), teens and adults, in individual or group classes, in person or on Skype.
I have prepared students for the following tests: DELF PRIM (5-11 years old), DELF Junior (teens,all levels) DELF and DALF for adults ( all levels) , TCF, SAT... and I am proud to say that all my students who presented the test passed it: 100%.
I have also prepared students for a trip to France either for leisure or professional reasons.
I work now as a Academic Program Director and DELF DALF center Director, and also supervise French textbooks edition, but I love to teach so I have a selected amount of students I enjoy to work with.
French Instructor at Mills College (2018- present)
French Instructor at The College preparatory School (Oakland) 2020
Senior Academic Programs Director
2016-2018 Education Francaise Bay Area
• Set pedagogical orientations for the different educational programs.
• Develop curriculum, lesson plans, placement and exit tests, and report
• Implement an interactive online platform and design curriculum to enhance
students' motivation and learning.
• Design and adapt instructional materials to ensure consistency and
alignment with long-term goals and to meet varied needs including learning
• Design, implement and monitor a data driven system to measure impact on
• Develop training plans and materials for staff at different levels.
Strategic Planning and Leadership
• Lead executive strategies and development efforts in the following departments: After School, Summer camps, Cultural Programs, DELF test center and the pedagogical lab.
• Identify priorities for improvement with program, staff, develop project plans, and manage implementation.
• Work collaboratively to support high performance and play an active role in the leadership team management.
• Provide vision, strategic leadership and coordination of all aspects of programs and to 6 directors, 5 site coordinators, 70+ employees (local and J1's) and volunteers.
• Collaborate with directors to develop an annual budget for each department and oversee expenses.
• Provide guidance in terms of responsibilities, direction-setting and work planning, time and resource allocation, and performance management.
• Hire, supervise, train, evaluate, develop, and retain talented program team members.
• Identify needs for and ensure quality delivery of professional development opportunities.
• Achieve key program outcomes including goals for student performance, retention, motivation and satisfaction.
• Support, build, and share best practices for positive student outcomes.
• Maintain existing accreditations in good standing (WASC) and obtain new
• Facilitate internal and external marketing/recruitment and programs
• Develop and oversee policies and procedures governing the programs.
2013 - 2016
Head of Summer Program Department
Education Francaise Bay Area
• Direct, coordinate, and lead the Summer Program Department (K-5th-8th grade) to ensure that goals and objectives are fulfilled within schedule.
• Elaborate organizational process to enhance efficiency and continuity.
• Orchestrate financial process and human resources of the department.
• Establish strategic goals, collect and analyze pertinent business and
operations information for the 6 camp locations.
• Hire and orient an international team (10+ directors, 50+ employees and
volunteers), ensure compliance with immigration and law requirements.
• Insure and promote growth opportunities among employees.
• Develop curriculum and instruction, design and coordinate training program.
• Provide content and guidelines for the marketing team.
• Maintain and develop positive communication with the students’ families.
Ensure high standards of customer relationship.
Teacher - Head teacher - Mentor
Education Francaise Bay Area, San Francisco
2012-2013: French Teacher
Alliance Francaise Berkeley and San Francisco
2009-2011: French Teacher
Alliance francaise, Monterrey, Mexico
Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris 3, France
Master’s degree : Didactics of Languages - Didactics of French as a Foreign/Second language and language of the world.
With Highest Honor
Université Lyon 2, France
2 years (Chinese/Portuguese) in foreign language, literature and civilization
La Martinière Diderot, Lyon, France
Bachelor's degree, International Business
Case Western Reserve University
Certification, Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence
Harvard University Graduate School of Education
Certification, Making Caring Common
Integrate Caring Schools Network to use data to gain access to low-burden research-based strategies that promote children’s social and emotional learning, increase caring and connectedness, and reduce problem behaviors.
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, writing expression - french lessons for all!
Taking DELF lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$80||$80|
|5 hours||Not available||$400||$400|
|10 hours||Not available||$750||$800|