I like to learn about the student's learning style in order to create an approach that they can identify with and succeed in. I've found that my success as a student is related to interest and dedication, and would love to instill that mindset in others.
I graduated with Honors from Iowa State University with a degree in Criminal Justice, Psychology, and Mandarin Chinese. I'm currently a graduate student to obtain my PsyD in Clinical Psychology. I have experience working with children and adolescents and love to teach!
I charge $15 per lesson and 50 cents for each mile of travel if you wish for me to teach your child in your home.
I graduated with Honors from Iowa State University in Criminal Justice, Chinese, and Psychology. I am currently a graduate student at Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Clinical Psychology. After obtaining my doctorate, I intend to begin working with mentally disordered offenders, victims, and juries. My overall goal in this career is to establish a higher relevance of psychological science in criminal law.
Iowa State University | Ames, IA August 2016-December 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice Studies Cumulative GPA: 3.79/4.0
Minors: Psychology, Mandarin Chinese Major GPA: 4.0/4.0
Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences July 2020- Present
Doctorate of Clinical Psychology, Psy.D. GPA: Not Yet Applicable
Connolly Finan Fleming Solicitors Dublin, Ireland
Criminal Law Intern May 2018-August 2018
• Adapted to and gained understanding of different offenses and offenders with mental disorders
• Consulted with clients in preparation for court hearings and trials
• Enhanced understanding of judicial processes by assisting solicitors and barristers; standing in for solicitors in specific court cases
• Transcribed court documents and video surveillance to assist police and solicitors/barristers
Iowa State University Recreation Services Ames, IA
Membership Supervisor July 2019 – December 2019
Fitness Attendant December 2017–July 2019
• Provide excellent customer service through surveying facility and patrons
• Successfully trained for a variety emergency situations and protocol
• Manage computer systems to track equipment and sell daily passes for new patrons
Youth Homes of Mid-America Johnston, IA
BHIS Youth Care Worker January 2020-July 2020
• Conduct daily group therapy on basic decision making and social skills
• Conduct daily individual sessions with youth focused on treatment needs
• Manage computer systems to log progression of treatment, therapy notes, and communications
Iowa State University Psychology Department Ames, IA
Research Assistant January 2019-December 2019
• Firearm Identification Study: The validity of cartridge case comparison conclusions under field-based conditions.
o Helped to process returned specimens (fired-cartridge cases, surveys, consent forms, etc.)
o Developed data code books
o Assisted with entry and coding of both quantitative and qualitative data
• Jury Study: Does reasoning requirement reduce racial and ethnic biases in jury decision-making?
o Assisted with stimuli creation, surveys, and data entry
o Helped develop and use a qualitative coding scheme
o Recruited community-member participants and maintained participant database
• Problem Solving Skills Study
o Served as an Experimenter and Confederate by conducting experiments to detect deception among guilty and innocent participants
o Developed statistical, research skills, and technological skills
o Broadened understanding of psychological concepts
• Perceptions of a Criminal Case
o Served as an experimenter by conducting surveys with participants in order to identify how jurors interpret evidence in a criminal trial based on the defendant’s race
o Broadened understanding of social factors within the criminal justice system
• Public Perception of Mentally Disordered, Violent Offenders
o Conducted a university-wide survey to understand the relations between having experience with mental illness and interpretations of a mentally disordered, violent offender
o Collected data and analyzed through SPSS
o In process of creating dissertation
Independent Study Research Projects
• Deviant and Criminal Behavior - Honors Component - Supervisor: Dr. Monic Behnken
o Drafted a psychological evaluation on a case by case basis
o Met weekly to discuss understanding of competency at trial and insanity pleas
• Research Design and Methodology - Honors Component - Supervisor: Dr. Max Guyll
o Completed supplemental reading regarding internal validity issues
o Identified three nonstandard, unique clinical research designs
o Wrote paper describing each research design, noting its strengths and weaknesses including those related to internal validity
Honors & Involvement
Dean’s List, Iowa State College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Fall 2016-December 2019
University Honors Program, Peer Adviser Fall 2018-December 2019
Outstanding Student Award, World Languages and Cultures Department Fall 2017
Kappa Kappa Gamma – Risk, Standards, and Academics Committees Fall 2017-Spring 2019
Madison is the primary reason I was able to have such a successful college career! She is so motivating and helpful. I would undoubtedly recommend her to any struggling student for advice, planning, or overall educational help. Thank you for your guidance, Madison!
I met Madison in high school and over the past 6 years of knowing her, I've watched her grow into such a passionate and conscientious person. During my time spent in college, Madison was always there to help me both personally and professionally. Even when she was busy with her own studies, she always made time to go above and beyond to help others.
Not only is she extremely intelligent, but she also has a good sense of humor that brings me back down to earth when I am overwhelmed. I would recommend Madison to any friend or colleague without hesitation!
psychology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest sociology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking social skills lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||$15|