I teach all skill levels, and I cover a broad scope of disciplines, depending on the skill level of the student, from technique intensive guitar-specific things (basic technique to specialized, i.e. arpeggios, fingerstyle) to music theory application, songwriting/composition aid, improvisation, reading etc. Everybody is different and has different needs in their respective musical journeys and I'm always sensitive to that when I assign work. My only requirement is that my students show up eager to play music!
I've been a performing artist for 17 years, and in many different scenarios, having also played with artists like Bruce Hornsby, Steve Miller, and Eddie Vedder among others. I also went through Bruce Hornsby's Creative American Music program at UMiami, so I'm well versed in pretty much any popular style over the last few decades
Here are some credentials:
- 17 years playing experience, on tour and in the studio; 10 years teaching experience
- Performance credits include: Alice Cooper, Eddie Vedder, Steve Miller, Brendon Small, Stewart Copeland, Adrian Belew, Jon Anderson
- Bachelor of Music degree from the University of Miami Frost School of Music, majoring in Media Writing and Production, under the Bruce Hornsby Creative American Songwriting program.
- School of Rock graduate; also Music Director/Head guitar instructor for the Burbank School of Rock
- Fluent in most popular genres of the last 50 years (blues, R&B, folk, rock, pop, etc.) and can coach students in their desired musical direction
- Guitar is my main instrument, but I am also available to teach bass and mandolin
- For more info, Google /Youtube CJ Tywoniak
Being that we're all subject to unpredictability of life circumstances, I understand if any of my students need to cancel for any reason, however, I require a 24 hr. window for any and all cancellations out of curtesy to my own ever-evolving schedule. Please notify me via text or email.
If paying on a lesson-by-lesson basis:
Cancellation at/before 24 hrs. of scheduled appt. will not result in a charge and can be rescheduled at
Cancellation after the window will be charged upon the next lesson, unless a makeup is scheduled
If paying on a monthly/bi-monthly:
Any cancellation will be considered a lesson credit, subject to reschedule at your convenience, though
24 hr. notice would be much appreciated!
ZEPPELIN BOWL, FEATURING GENE WEEN AND SCOTT IAN
At the Brooklyn Bowl – playing several Led Zeppelin songs
PUDDLE OF MUDD, FILL-IN SHOW AT ST. LOUIS, MI
Called last minute due to an issue with the regular band members at the time – learned the set overnight and flew the next morning.
JANUARY – AUGUST 2015
EVOL WALKS TOURING, MAINSTAGE AT WOODSTOCK POLAND
1 month tour of Europe (around a mainstage performance at Woodstock Poland, opening for BLS and Shaggy); 4 month AUS tour and 2 week West Coast tour.
2015 – PRESENT
Gospel R&B improvised services in several churches throughout Central LA (Bellflower, First Love, etc.)
April 2011-May2012: Classic rock/pop music for Homestead City Church, FL
FESTIVAL MIAMI, WITH STEVE MILLER AND BRUCE HORNSBY
BRENDON SMALL TOUR, W/ SOR ALLSTARS
JON ANDERSON TOUR, W/ SOR ALLSTARS
ADRIAN BELEW TOUR, W/ SOR ALLSTARS
TV/FILM (IMDB PROFILE)
JUNE – JULY 2011
ROCK OF AGES (FILM), “DREW’S LEAD GUITARIST”
15 hour set days, w/ direct interaction with director and lead actors in performance simulations for the scene.
2003 – 2005
ROCK SCHOOL (DOCUMENTARY), 9.14 PRODUCTIONS
On the film’s press junket, I performed with Alice Cooper, Eddie Vedder, Stewart Copeland, and Marky Ramone
VH1’S SOBER HOUSE
Performed with Ace Frehley (KISS), Steve Adler (Guns n’ Roses), Mike Starr (Alice in Chains), and Kyle Gas (Tenacious D)
Solo guitar performance
2007 – PRESENT
One-on-one lessons as well as several seminars on theory and technique applied to guitar
2007 – 2014
SCHOOL OF ROCK, GUITAR INSTRUCTOR
2007 – 2012: Downingtown, PA
2013 – 2016: Burbank, CA
MAY 2014 – APRIL 2016
BURBANK SCHOOL OF ROCK, MUSIC DIRECTOR
Curated season shows, acted as show director in addition to teaching duties
BACHELOR OF MUSIC, UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI
Learned under the Bruce Hornsby Creative American Songwriting Program
Maj. Media Writing and Production
• Fluent in most popular styles – rock, R&B, soul, bluegrass, jazz, top 40
• Electric and acoustic guitars, mandolin, bass, drums and banjo (5 string)
• Extensive touring and performing experience • Logic and Protools – home recording capability
• Finale, Sibelius
• Photoshop, Final Cut Pro
• Collaborative and active participant in songwriting and arranging in group settings
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|