I usually use a blend of the Socratic method, and interactive lecture when teaching Writing. When teaching Filmmaking/Producing, it's pure lecture, but again interactive. I can also teach students about every Production, but I'm very weak weak when it comes to Sound Mixing.
I am a multi award winning Producer and Writer. (concealed information) My Resume speaks for itself, but I have taught film before, but usually teach my Crew the art and Craft of filmmaking. I am also well connected, and can help get my Students land in the Industry.
John T. Sweeney
7006 Detroit Ave. #C-5
Cleveland, Ohio 44102
Lead Producer (Current)
• Raised financing for 3 Feature length Productions,
• Oversaw all aspects of Pre Production, Production, and Post,
• Arranging Distribution for 2 Features, and 1 TV Series.
• (concealed information)
President, Armada Studios, LLC. (January 2008/current)
• Represents Paramount Pictures Studios in Ohio,
• Armada was approved by the State of Louisiana to build a 30M full service,
studio and film school in Baton Rouge,
• Produced 2 Shorts,
• Achieved 501(c) status for the Film School,
• Project was also Pre Approved in Puerto Rico.
• (concealed information)
President, Willfilm Productions, Inc. (January 2003/January 2008)
• Established a feature film production company in Prague, Czech Republic.
• Hired and managed cast and crew for upcoming features.
• Developed avenues of distribution for our properties.
• Created financial solutions for independent productions.
Managing Director, Year of the Snake, Ltd. (July 2001/November 2002)
• Rebuilt a London, England film Production Company from the ground floor up.
• Hired and trained a 20 person sales staff in Prague, Czech Republic.
• Subcontractor to:
President, The Union Benefits Company (1997-2001)
• Founded an insurance brokerage company to compete in the labor union’s benefits market.
• Hired and trained a team of State Directors.
• Created a full line of custom designed insurance products that were the most competitive benefits in the industry.
• Built a 75 employee, 4 million dollar insurance company.
Attorney at Law: Juris Doctre, Case Western Reserve University
Bachelor of Arts: English and History, Case Western Reserve University
Other Licenses: Securities licenses, series 7, 53 and 63 (not current)
film & cinema lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest production lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, scriptwriting for film lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$21|