Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Teaching at the university level requires a mix of solid theory along with a clear and concise application of those theories. Students at this level should be expected to apply and interact in a manner that helps them succeed in future use; however, the professor has the responsibility to teach with patience and clarity. Challenge and inspire students to reach beyond the scope of assignments.
• Information delivered in forms of verbal, auditory and kinesthetic methods should be used to reach all students.
• Material taught in the classroom must support the assigned text and curriculum.
• Projects will enhance the classroom content and give students the opportunity to show proper application and be given credit for extending the material.
• The syllabus is used to create expectations for the students, and allow the professor to self-assess and evaluate the outcome of the class after completion.
Purpose of teaching
• The purpose of education is to learn and practice concepts of the academic topic.
• Participants of the educational process build a foundation that provides the student with skills to problem solve in an autonomous mode.
• Delivery of the information and teaching method promotes:
o content mastery
o critical thinking
o problem solving
o discovery and knowledge generation
o self-directed learning
o experiential learning
• Understanding of the purpose of the course within the degree of study is crucial.
• Classroom environment reflects respect and professionalism – students and professor.
• Professor is responsible for being available to pupils in a manner that reflects the commitment and care of the institution.
• Curriculum and processes assessed with a holistic view of the course description and consideration of the course as a component of the entire program.
Software development (25+ years)
Owned and operated a software consulting business (20 years)
Executive management (6+ years)
Leadership masters degree and applied success in business and coaching
Youth, HS and college coaching (thousands of ex-players coached) - 20+ years
Big Brother for 9 years
Volunteer work with Children with Special Needs
Taught in HS Music programs for 10 years
Travel will be a factor evaluated based on the distance, time of day and length of travel. Everything 30 minutes or less from Davidson will be at above rates.
BS in Compuer Science in Math Track
MA in Organizational Leadership
Soccer Coaching Certifications in USSF and NSCAA with 20 years of HS and College coaching experience
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|