My approach is to listen to the student and tailor the instruction to what works for the student, guiding the student to understanding and excellence. I can work face-to-face or virtually and use technology as a support rather than as the only approach. The focus is on where the student is and building the student's skills while also providing a positive role model.
I have a Doctorate in Educational technology as well as a Masters in Secondary Education. I have 20 years of experience in higher education and 12 years experience in secondary school. I have been teaching in individualized settings for 12 years. I work well with students experiencing anxiety and depression.
INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN, CURRICULUM, PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, TEACHER EDUCATION
Extensive experience managing, analyzing, designing, writing, and implementing education solutions in multiple content areas for all ages including young children, youth, university, and corporate training. Leads and develops effective teams. Highly ethical, works well under pressure, excellent communicator, creative, and people oriented. Key competencies include:
Instructional Development Practice Content
Curriculum design e-Learning Instructional technology/design
Performance/needs analysis Coaching Knowledge management
Materials creation Small group instruction Science
Assessment Large group instruction Computer applications
Staff training Leadership development Mathematics
TEACHING AND CURRICULUM EXPERIENCE
Homebound Teacher & Substitute Teacher
Jefferson County RE-1 School District 2008 – Present
Developed and taught content across the curriculum to students in a wide variety of settings.
• Homebound Instructor grades 7 through 12. Specialized in adapting and creating content for students dealing with medical issues such that they could not attend school.
• Substitute teacher grades 4 through 12. Focus on mathematics and science, other subjects as needed. Substituted for variety of middle and high schools, including one long-term engagement for 8th grade mathematics.
• Student teaching in 7th grade mathematics. Endorsement in mathematics.
Consultant, Content Faculty, Teaching Faculty
Jones International University 1994 – 2005
Designed all of the basic course development and implementation processes, course structures and instructor processes for the institution. Designed, co-authored, or authored more than 22 masters level courses, Taught more than 70 masters level classes over 11 years.
• Created radically different conceptual approach to course delivery relying on Internet rather than video; JIU was a premier online institution. Courses and programs were fully accredited.
• Developed more than 22 courses on topics ranging from training design to business communications to knowledge management and faculty training.
• Developed and authored most of the faculty training material currently used for new faculty.
University of Northern Colorado 1988 - 1994
Developed courses and taught both Masters and Doctoral programs in Educational Technology with emphasis on theory and interactive multimedia for training/learning systems..
• Developed base concepts for and led team in research and development on the Taliesin Project, investigating effective use of interactive multimedia in learning systems.
• Designed, developed, and built interactive multimedia research and development lab used to investigate the use of interactive multimedia across multiple curricular areas.
• Guided doctoral research in the effective use of interactive media in training systems for English as a second language, coaching, and science education.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Evan Design Group 1994 – Present
Guided organizations, large and small, through the processes of analysis, strategic planning, and development of improved business processes and knowledge solutions including training, communication, and technology. Examples across clients include:
• VP of Technology and Design for 2 clients from 2002 to 2006. Designed and created client specific knowledge and training solutions for health related organizations. Developed strategic technology plans as well as solutions designed to improve operational processes and assist organizations in meeting business goals.
• Designed and developed web sites supporting informational and interactive content for numerous commercial and non-profit organizations.
• Designed and wrote new training manual for a personal license holder course in the UK, creating new educational approach and creating a series of case studies to bring the content into relevant context for learners.
• Facilitated cross-functional team to identify both current processes and possible improvements; diagrammed and documented process change recommendations with final report to client describing process improvements and how to achieve them.
• Conceptualized and developed interactive, computer-based training program for mining company providing training without requiring extensive time away from the job. Program implemented with positive results and significant savings over alternative approaches.
• Designed architecture, created educational model, and developed content for award winning online information and educational web site.
• Collaborated with executive team to develop business model including strategic alliances, vendor relationships, and business to business/consumer relationships.
• Conceptualized, designed and developed interactive multimedia training course resulting in reduction of training time from two weeks to 8 - 20 hours, increasing time available for sales.
• Created unique 8-hour, interactive, small group role-play seminar to train professionals on the basics of performance improvement analysis, design, and development.
• Created, developed, and led peer-critique writers group for young writers to explore and learn the craft of writing as if it is their profession.
PhD in Educational Computing and Instructional Design, Purdue University
MS in Instructional Research and Development, Purdue University
MEd Secondary Education, Jones International University
BA in Physics, Wittenberg University
Wood Badge, Boy Scouts of America
Train the Trainer certification, Boy Scouts of America
First Class Commercial Broadcast Engineering License (expired), FCC
Secondary Teaching License in Colorado - Mathematics
Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America
Elder in Westview Presbyterian Church
Alpine District Committee
Timberline District Training Staff
Timberline District Advancement Committee Staff
Timberline District Program Chair
Order of the Arrow, Chapter Adviser
National Youth Leadership Training Executive Team, Denver Area Council
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||$35||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||$30||$400|