Above all, I want to listen to you as a student, and inspire you to be passionate about learning. At the end of the day, learning isn't about not about how many pages of a textbook you can cram or formulas you can memorize, but rather the process by which we understand ideas. I'm flexible in teaching style and prioritize adapting to the student. I'll always keep things friendly & fun!
I am currently a student at Hunter College High School, and I have privately tutored students before in math, english, and debate for years. I have an incredible track record in school & have done policy debate for approximately 7 years with many awards at national circuit tournaments.
cancellation notification must be at least 24 hours before planned lesson time.
Hunter College High School- Manhattan, NY September 2014 – June 2020 (Expected)
GPA 97 | SAT 1580 | ACT 36 | MATH 2 SATII 800 | BIO M SATII 760 | PHYSICS SATII 760
Lumos Debate- White Plains, New York December 2017
Multi-format Debate Instructor
• Organized activities and instructed students aged 8-14 in public speaking and argumentation.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES and community service
Writing Center Mentor, Hunter College High School
• Assist students grade 7-12 with writing essays, term papers, and reports.
• Provide guidance with grammar, content, and style.
Mock Trial Team, Hunter College High School February 2018 – Present
Witness and Lawyer
• City finalist (among 90+ teams) and Top 8 in NY State.
• Prepare and refine arguments for civil and criminal cases based on relevant case law/statutes and conduct cross/direct examinations.
Newspaper “The Observer,” Hunter College High School September 2017 – Present
Editor-in-Chief, previously Opinions Managing Editor
• Coordinate and edit multiple issues throughout the year between Opinions, Features, Sports, News, and other sections.
• Generate article prompts and guide younger writers/editors.
Create Now Asian American Writers Workshop, Hunter College High School October 2017 – May 2018
• Wrote and presented short stories, poems, and comics; discussed the role of Asian Americans in literature.
Speech and Debate Team, Hunter College High School September 2016 – Present
Financial Administrative Director and Varsity Policy Debater
• Semi-finalist at the Yale Invitational Tournament (2017) and Champion of the University of Pennsylvania Tournament (2019)
• Budget financial aid and team expenses, including registration, hotel, faculty, and transportation costs.
• Fundraised more than $3000 in one year and filed for multiple grants as treasurer.
Scholastic Writing Competition Gold Key & Gold Medal March 2019
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$20|