I use traditional teaching methods but have other methods I have practiced and am able to adjust and compliment most students' learning necessities. I provide instruction that works not only for the subject I teach but can be used for success in any discipline.
I have a Bachelor's degree with minors in English and Women's Studies. Additionally, I have a Master's of Arts in history with a concentration in American History. I have tutored different students at the college level while in University and in many disciplines. I have strategies that have worked well in other disciplines including English, Psychology, and Women's Studies. My tutoring efforts have allowed students to improve their grades. I have substitute experience in high school as well.
Reduced rate for webcam based services. Increased for in-home services. Increase for necessary resources (textbooks, web-based program log-in costs as supplements to teaching). Increase for travel to student's preferred location.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Tutoring experience at the College level in multiple disciplines, employing multiple teaching strategies to best fit the student as well as substitute experience in a 9-12 setting.
• Experience with multiple class forums including in-person and online programs including Blackboard, Desire to Learn (D2L), and Turnitin.
• Lengthy experience with library categorization methods including Dewey Decimal and Library of Congress. Proven knowledge of MLA, APA, and Chicago/Turabian citation methods.
• Expertise in research, peer review, and copy/editing. Expertise in research with extensive experience using archival resources as primary sources as well as a firm mastery in analysis of historiographical resources. Experience with proper handling of preserved artifacts.
• Proven written and oral communications skills as well as professionalism within academia and non-academic settings. Microsoft Office Suite. Previous publications in University Newspaper.
Southern New Hampshire University: Manchester, NH May 2016
Master’s Degree in History (concentration in American History): GPA 3.95/4.0
Radford University: Radford, VA May 2013
Bachelor’s Degree in History (English Minor, Women's Studies Minor): GPA 3.88/4.0 • Received distinguished honor: Dean’s Scholar Award
Member of History Honors Fraternity: Phi Alpha Theta
Member and Office Holder of Social Science Honors Fraternity: Pi Gamma Mu
Nomination for Winesett Writing Award
Blue Ridge Community College: Weyers Cave, VA May 2010
Transfer Degree General Studies: GPA 3.94/4.0
Continued Dean’s List and President’s List throughout academic career
Member of Two-year Honors Fraternity: Phi Theta Kappa
Bridges Academy: Studio City, CA December 2016-Present
• Followed lesson plan provided by instructor
• Supervision and assistance with student tasks
• Assessment of student accuracy on given tasks
• Specific supervision/instruction of twice exceptional students
Augusta County Historical Society: Staunton, VA Summer 2014
Artifact Appraisal Intern
• Assessed artifacts and documents from different collections and eras
• Cataloguing items and preparing them for storage and listing in PastPerfect database
• Proper handling of artifacts and storage in acid-free folders and boxes to preserve their condition
• Provide documentation of collections both in description and condition
Radford University: Radford, VA 2010 – 2013
Residential Life Student Assistant
• Assisted Area Director of Student Life with errands related to position
• Helped develop and implement on-campus promotional flyers and announcements
history lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest general knowledge lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking mythology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$60||Not available||$45|