Hello. My name is Deepa Chadha. I am excited to get back to the area of tutoring students. I worked as a pediatric occupational therapist in the past with children from 2-17 years of age. During this time, I also had the wonderful opportunity of tutoring students at various grades levels. I really enjoy working with students to help them succeed and be at their best! It's extremely rewarding for me to see a student excel and gain confidence and greater self-esteem in a subject that challenges them. I am here to not only be your tutor, mentor and cheerleader but to also assist in helping you succeed independently! It can happen as I can speak from personal experience while I was a student!
As indicated above, I have taught students in mostly the areas of math for 2 years. Some specific subjects included elementary school math, pre-algebra and algebra I and II. As I received my bachelor of science degrees in psychology and health sciences, I also feel skilled to tutor anatomy and physiology, psychology and elementary, middle and high school general chemistry. I try to make tutoring fun and make sure to meet your specific individual needs so that you can succeed! I can proudly share that all my students have excelled with my assistance. I am grateful to gain an opportunity in helping you achieve and make learning fun again!
Please provide 24 hour notice for cancellation. Also, rates may vary depending on subject. Lastly, although I love animals, I am allergic to dogs and cats. Hence, if you do have pets then we would have to meet outside your home (i.e. library, coffee shop, etc.).
You will find that my credentials reflect the experience I have obtained. I have been privileged to work with students, teachers and other staff members in schools and various centers as a tutor, consultant, educator and pediatric occupational therapist (Master's Degree obtained in occupational therapy). I possess qualities that demonstrate leadership, commitment and dedication, which will allow me to be a valued and successful tutor. Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
• Tutored school aged children (5-17) with mild learning challenges for two years (Brooklyn, NY).
• Led Sensory Motor Groups in the classroom to maximize each child’s ability to self-regulate in order to stay focused and organized during table top activities (New York City Board of Education).
• Developed and implemented school workshops to educate teachers and other professionals on the occupational therapist's role in the classroom. In addition, taught simple but powerful classroom tips to help facilitate children’s success in the classroom (New York City Board of Education).
• Occupational therapy consultant for a local private school to teach paraprofessionals techniques to implement to aid in improving their assigned child’s functional skills in the classroom (Brooklyn, NY).
• Planned, arranged and co-led a family education meeting to strengthen the parents understanding of their child’s level of function and special needs (Brooklyn, NY).
• Advised students in the private school sector on how to adapt their personal classroom space to increase accessibility to classroom material and to enhance productivity in the classroom setting (Charlotte, NC).
I would like to utilize my enthusiasm, knowledge, skill set, creativity and experience to help you succeed. My goal is to provide the highest of quality educational assistance. I am confident that as a tutor, I will prove to be beneficial in helping you tackle challenging subjects. I look forward to meeting you personally to address your needs and my ability to meet them. Thank you in advance for your time & consideration.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking other sciences lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$25||$25||Not available|