I believe that because Biology is very systems oriented, testing yourself on the material over and over again is the best way to learn and what I would be helping you perfect. I can adjust well to the needs of my students and am happy to incorporate the strategies you find help you the best, while also introducing some new skills to see what clicks with you.
Hi! My name is Nicki and I'm a senior at Stanford University majoring in Human Biology with a concentration in Neuroscience and Biomechanics. In high school I took AP Bio, AP Calc BC, and AP Spanish and received a 5 on all 3 tests. I have focused particularly on Biology in college, but would be happy to tutor any of those subjects. I am Division 1 athlete at Stanford and went through the entire recruiting process. I would be happy to discuss recruiting strategies to help your chances of connecting with a college coach.
9/2016-present Stanford University, Stanford, CA
● Pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree in Human Biology, concentrations in Biomechanics and Neuroscience to be conferred 6/2020
● Research project and poster presentation: “p53 protein mutant V143A shows reduced transactivation of reporter genes in S. cerevisiae”
9/2010-9/2016 Marlborough School, Los Angeles, CA
● GPA: 4.5, Cum Laude, Science Department Award 2016
● Founder and captain of robotics team, tutor for disadvantaged kids
9/2016-present Division I Varsity Athlete, Women’s Open Weight Rowing Team, Stanford, CA
● Team Captain 2018/2019 season
● Lead team in mental health and team-building workshops
● Balance 20+ hours per week of practice, travel, and competition with a rigorous academic schedule, drive team van to/from boathouse
6-8/2015, 2016 US Junior National Team
● 1 of 23 representing USA in Junior World Championships in Netherlands (2016)
● Selected to Junior World Development Team to train in Spain (2015)
9/2012-2016 California Yacht Club Varsity Rowing Team, Marina Del Rey, CA
● Team Captain 2014-2016, Recipient of Darling and CYC Junior scholarships
● Medalled at US Junior National Championships
8/2018-current Ambassador, ACE Stanford/Duke Student-Athlete Program
● Recruit and advise applicants
7-8/2018 Intern, Naz Foundation (ACE Program in India), New Delhi, India
● Volunteered at Naz, which empowers young women through sports
○ Designed and implemented nutrition seminar for coaching staff
○ Created fair play guidelines for local netball league
6-7/2018 Participant, Stanford Faculty Initiated Program, Oaxaca, Mexico
● Shadowed doctors at public and government hospitals, contributed to public health campaigns in two rural clinics
● Engaged in three hours of cultural and language immersion per day
8-9/2017 Volunteer, UCLA Stein Eye Institute, Westwood, CA
● Worked with patients at mobile clinics and translated Spanish to English
● Input data from eye screenings
6/2014 Intern, AECOM Mentor Program, Los Angeles, CA
● Intern in architecture, civil engineering, and bioremediation departments
Language: Fluent in Spanish
Computer: Java, R, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|