I believe in the Crawl, Walk, Run approach to teaching/learning...
First, I will explain everything, you will simply listen, ask questions, and hopefully take very good notes. Then, we will discuss it together, sharing ideas and information, making sure you are grasping everything. Finally, you will "teach" it back to me, as if I'm the student, showing me what you know. This will verify you have learned what was required and, help build your confidence as well.
Over 34 years of combined U.S. Army and civilian experience in HR Management, Recruiting Leadership, Operations Leadership, Team Building, Training and Training Development, and Project Management. Technically savvy with strong cross-functional HR experience. Extensive experience developing, leading, and motivating teams, ensuring mission accomplishment in the harshest of conditions. I have worked with individuals and groups as big as 460 personnel.
Director of Human Resources 2020 - Present
• Accel, Inc. -- I currently direct the HR program for 350 production support personnel
at a tertiary and, custom design packaging company. Areas of responsibility include: Payroll Management, Recruiting, Retention, Safety, Employee Relations, On-Boarding, Policy Development, Corrective Action Enforcement, EEO, FMLA, Benefits, BWC reporting. Areas of primary focus; Training/Training Development, Leadership Development, Coaching and Mentorship, and Cultural Change. Built a leadership development and training program to ensure all levels of production management understand and implement best, and current leadership practices. To date have trained 14 production managers, from GMs to first line supervisors. Worked with OSHA to develop the company’s first ever OSHA compliant power equipment safety training/certification program, certifying 23 power equipment operators to date.
Human Resources Manager 2018 - 2020
• DuPont/On-Board Engineering -- Managed the HR program for 200 production support personnel at the Circleville, Ohio DuPont facility. Areas of responsibility include: Payroll Management, Recruiting, Retention, Safety, Employee Relations, On-Boarding, Policy Development, Corrective Action Enforcement, EEO, FMLA, Benefits, and Public Relations. Areas of primary focus; Training/Training Development, Leadership Development, Coaching and Mentorship, and Cultural Change. Reduced annual turnover by 47%. Increased new hire 12 month retention by 84%. Increased internal hires/promotions by 300%.
Human Resources Manager 2017 - 2018
• KDM Signs -- Was responsible for all functions of HR in the support of 370 employees, across six locations. Main focuses included, succession planning, recruiting, on-boarding, training development, regulatory compliance, benefits administration, performance reviews, strategic planning, safety, and wellness programs oversight. Tracked production by the use of KPIs and metrics. Reduced general labor turnover by 42%. Reduced cost per hire by 44%
Talent Acquisition Manager 2014 - 2017
• Kiemle-Hankins – Provided Recruiting Leadership in support of five locations. Built an effective recruiting program from the ground up, developing networking avenues, as well as making Kiemle-Hankins a name recognized by untapped job seekers. Worked with leadership to develop succession planning, Developed recruiting matrices and KPIs to ensure recruiting goals were met in a timely manner. Reduced contact to hire time by 16.5 days. Reduced cost per hire by 64%
Director of Talent Acquisition 2007 - 2013
• US Army – Managed daily activities of seven recruiters and one on- boarding manager. Oversaw all phases of recruitment, including strategic development, defining hiring needs and posting available positions. Provided guidance and direction to ensure recruiting milestones are met on a timely basis. Tracked Recruiting Metrics and KPIs, Developed working relationships with high school and college career advisors/counselors to ensure access to students and educational transcripts. Employed feedback mechanisms and analytics to continuously improve the recruiting process. Conducted background investigations. Coordinated exhibits/presentations for career fairs and hiring events. Conducted monthly and quarterly performance reviews. Developed pre-basic training instructional programs to help ensure new recruit success once they arrived at boot camp. The station’s basic training success rate increased by 68%.
Military Police Officer Human Resources & Operations Manager 1984 - 2007
• US Army – Led HR, and Operations sections in support of a Military Police combat units ranging in size from 36 soldiers to 460 soldiers. Providing guidance to HR/personnel, finance, training, IT, supply and security sections. Developed and managed annual operating budgets for three companies located stateside and overseas. Implemented an updated inspection program used to confirm operating procedure compliance. Assigned COR's (Contract Officer Representative) to supervise the completion of contracts in numerous detached locations. Conducted and presented (AAR’s) After Action Reviews to senior leadership.
I also possess both Bachelor's and Master's degrees in the Human Resources field.
career coaching lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest Professional training to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job search coach lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|