I graduated from Libertyville High School with Honors in 2014. I am currently attending Michigan Technological University and pursuing a B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering with Mathematical Sciences and French International Minors. I have a 3.87 GPA and will be graduating this coming December (2017).
For the past two years, I have been tutoring in the Math Learning Center at my university (Michigan Technological University). At the Math Learning Center, I work one-on-one with students through weekly appointments and walk-in hours. I teach pre-calculus, calculus (I, II, and III), linear algebra, and differential equations. During the school year, I work an average of 10 hours per week.
Of note, I have been tutoring math since my senior year at Libertyville (Illinois) High School (2013-2014). As a National Honors Society Peer Tutor I worked with other high school students helping them grasp concepts at all levels - from Algebra to AP Calculus.
I am passionate about helping people learn the concepts behind math problems. By being flexible in my teaching style I strive to find the best approach to help each student. The goal for each student is to understand not just "how" to solve a problem but the "why" behind the solution. For students I work with all semester, they typically receive A's and B's in their classes. When I start working with students later in the semester after they are starting to fall behind, they typically are able to raise their grade one letter grade and, at a minimum, pass the class.
Experienced math tutor seeking to assist students in developing stronger understanding of mathematical concepts leading to improved performance and confidence in mathematics.
Basic and Advanced Math Competencies: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Linear Algebra, Pre-Calculus, Single and Multi-Variable Calculus, Real Analysis, Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations
Microsoft Software Competencies: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project, Visio
Additional Software Skills: Mathematica, MATLAB, Minitab, Solidworks, Thermo-Calc, Imagej
Math Learning Center Coach, Michigan Technological University, 2015-Present
· Teach and reinforce mathematical concepts to University students in need of extra support
· Evaluate and provide input on potential new coaches
Surface Innovations Researcher, Michigan Technological University SURFI Lab, 2016-Present
· Led a project to investigate the strengthening mechanism of zinc-magnesium alloys
· Investigating hydrophobic ant legs
Material Science Laboratory Intern, Woodward, Inc., Summer 2016
· Completed internal work requests (background research, laboratory work, and final reporting)
· Self-directed work with assistance from other lab members
Peer Tutor, Libertyville High School National Honors Society, 2013-2014
· Worked one-on-one with high school students, helping them improve their mathematical skills
Back-To-School Summer Camp Volunteer, JIC Ministries, Summer 2014
· Assisted 4th/5th grade teacher to teach a variety of subjects, including math, reading, and social studies
· Set-up activities as needed for the program director
· Provided childcare to children ages 5-13
Michigan Technological University, Houghton, Michigan, 2014-Present, GPA: 3.87
· Pursuing B.S. in Material Science and Engineering, anticipated graduation in December 2017
· Minors: Mathematics and French
University of Pau, France, Study Abroad, Fall Semester 2016
· Michigan Technological University: Pavlis Fundraising Committee Treasurer and Book Club Treasurer
· Libertyville High School, Libertyville, Illinois: Math Team Secretary and Wind Ensemble Oboe Section Leader
· Math Team, Science Olympiads, Worldwide Youth in Science and Engineering (WYSE)
· Husky’s Pep Band, Swing Club, Book Club at Tech, Materials United, Keweenaw Symphony Orchestra
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking calculus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|