I learned Portuguese and English, with real examples, practicing, I believe the human being is very visual, it is why I like teach people with examples, colors, real life, how the babies start the first words, they repeat and repeat.
I am Industrial Engineer with more than 10 years of experience in the aviation industry. Teach is one of the things that I like to do, that's why I'm very interested in being part of your Spanish language learning process.
web cam classes $25.00
If I need travel to her/his location $35.00
Cancelations with 24hrs not charge, same day have to pay the cost of the class.
KARO TORRES (concealed information) • (concealed information) • Coral Gables, FL 33146
EXECUTIVE LEADER – INTERNATIONAL OPERATIONS
• High-performing, globally focused aviation industry executive with extensive experience leading multinational C-level business development, technical operations, and industry relations and advocacy.
• Trusted partner to senior executive leadership. Leveraging strong business and technical acumen to identify opportunities, decrease risk, reduce cost, and strengthen profit & loss (P&L) performance.
• Fully trilingual in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. United States Permanent Resident.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: Executive Leadership • Strategic Planning • Roadmap Development • Government & Public Affairs • Business Transformation • Industry Relations • Advocacy • General Management • Operations • Sales • Business Development • Marketing • Project Management • Change Management • Talent Management • Coaching • Development • Zoho CRM • Salesforce CRM • MS Project • MS Visio • MS SharePoint • MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
ALTA – LATIN AMERICA & CARIBBEAN AIR TRANSPORT ASSOCIATION: Miami, FL 2014–2018
Director, Industry Affairs (2016–2018)
Director, Memberships (2014–2016)
Oversaw executive membership development for pan-regional trade association advocating for and supporting member airlines and suppliers in areas of safety, cost-efficiency, and environmentalism. Promoted to represent membership expansion, influenced policy, and strengthened relations with national governments and regulators; drove strategic planning and membership growth, and built best practices and training resources. Led IT, project management, conference management, and analytics team in the USA, Colombia, and Argentina.
• Conceptualized and executed a strategic roadmap enhancing ALTA’s position as a critical industry resource. Influenced adoption of organizational growth plan supporting high-value service augmentation.
• Grew ALTA from 62 to 93 (+33%) members, including 35 (+14%) major airlines. Led C-level business development to attract Panasonic Avionics, Kellstrom, Rolls Royce, AF KLM E&M, Sky Airline, Air Europa and other firms.
• Influenced aviation policy via development of relationships with key officials across the Americas, including Argentina’s President Macri, Minister of Transportation Dietrich, and Brazil’s Aviation Secretary Dario Rais Lopes.
• Created resources and tools delivering cost savings. Benchmarked global aircraft delivery best practices, built parts purchasing and inventory tools, and influenced broad acceptance of FAA/PMA parts.
• Enhanced ALTA Airlines Leaders Forum, ALTA CCMA & MRO and Pan American Safety Summit. Expanded scope, redesigned format, elevated quality of participants, selected speakers, built agenda, and managed event.
• Built and led a high performing team via coaching, mentoring, and individual professional development.
GLOBAL AIRTECH MANUFACTURING, INC.: Panama City, Panama 2012–2013
Marketing & Sales Representative – Latin America (Contract Role)
Recruited by global supplier of airline parts and repair services to contract position managing corporate entry into the Latin America market. Built and executed strategic business development plan, facilitating introductions and cultivating account relationships with major airlines.
• Managed Global Airtech’s successful entry into Latin American region. Facilitated executive-level relationships with Avianca Brazil, LATAM Airlines, Copa Airlines, GOL Airlines, and other carriers.
SONSET, S.A. (A GRUPO SONITEL COMPANY): Panama City, Panama 2007–2011
General Manager (2009–2011)
Operations Manager (2007–2009)
After joining B2B provider of B2B channel distributor of information technology services, elevated role to serve as market leader and general manager responsible for nationwide go-to-market business strategy and P&L performance. Managed all aspects of business strategy and operations, including sales, marketing, accounting, warehousing, and inventory, and 60 company employees.
• Enhanced P&L performance via implementation of top-down structured sales processes. Increased collaboration with sister companies to cross-pollinate sales opportunities within government sectors.
• Increased profitability by strengthening operations. Eliminated employee theft, deployed CRM and ERP systems reducing PO cycle time from 7 days to 1 day; and achieved 100% (+30%) inventory accuracy.
GE CAPITAL AVIATION SERVICES (GECAS): San José, Costa Rica 2003–2004
Consultant – Aviation Services
Engaged to manage the preparation and delivery of leased aircraft assets at end of contracts to ensure compliance with contract terms, as onsite consultant at COOPESA MRO facilities. Led collaboration on analysis of aircraft records, development and implementation of maintenance and configuration plans, procurement and management of parts and raw materials between repair stations, and process signoff.
• Liaised and coordinated GECAS clients across Latin America, facilitating collaboration and translation in Portuguese, English, and Spanish.
COPA AIRLINES: Porto Alegre, Brazil; Miami, FL; Panama City, Panama & San José, Costa Rica 1998–2003
Heavy Maintenance Representative
Joined newly created maintenance group with major regional airline, with responsibility for managing end-to-end maintenance cycle for fleet of aircraft. Oversaw maintenance planning, scheduling, analysis, procurement, inventory, budgeting, and quality control through final signoff. Worked onsite at MRO facilities to problem-solve, deliver training, and provide onsite program and maintenance team leadership.
• Served as trusted advisor to business leaders as manager of ten maintenance projects annually. Completed 100% of repairs on time and within budget; developed and implemented SOPs streamlining maintenance cycle.
• Selected by Maintenance Director for expatriate assignments in Brazil and the United States.
• Hired as company’s first female Heavy Maintenance Representative.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY: Certification in Six Sigma Green Belt
ULACIT – LATIN AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY: Panama City, Panama
Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering (Graduated Magna Cum Laude)
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN: Executive Seminar in Strategic Sales Management
UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME: Executive Program in Cost Reduction Strategies
INADEH–COSPAE: Certification in Multimodal Transportation, Concentration in Cargo Logistics Operations
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$60||$25|