My goal as a teacher is to help a student improve skills right from their classes and studies by adding a real life dimension. This helps add value to learning that adds excitement because a student now has a sense of purpose and reason to be learning - now, they're engaged in learning.
I'm very excited to potentially be working with you! Please feel free to reach out to me with questions! I look forward to hearing from you. :)
Hello! My name is Jeff. I'm a graduate from Cornell University and am new to Superprof but have over 10 years of tutoring experience.
I'm currently working on my own startup, but teaching has always been a passion of mine. In addition to being a TA for several classes at Cornell, I also have a lot of experience working with younger students from elementary to high school. With younger students, I focus on tutoring STEM subjects (Chemistry, Physics, Biology) including Geometry, Algebra up to Calculus as well as help students develop a strong Writing/Reading/Grammar foundation. This helps build a strong foundation for SAT/ACT test prep in high school. I've tutored over 100 students over the last 10 years who have score 1500+ on the SAT & 32+ on the ACT.
I was homeschooled by my parents and was taught first hand how important the core basics are to helping you succeed in higher-level education. One of the most rewarding things I find about teaching it helping a student reach that "Aha" moment... not because I told them, but because they discovered it themselves.
B.S. of Bioengineering - 2015
M.Eng in Bioengineering - 2017
Current Appointment: CEO, mPOD Inc.
• Engineering & Design Consultant, AI Spacefactory (2018-2019)
• Project Manager | Research Scientist & Engineer, Autonomous Therapeutics (2018-2019)
• Lead Technical Advisor – CU-MicroG (2015-2017)
• Design Thinking Coach – Johnson School of Business (2015-2016)
Current and Former Projects
• Co-founded mPOD, Inc. and lead the company’s technical and business vision. Led the team through successful completion of NSF I-Corp program – setting up over 120+ in-person meetings with high value individuals from clinicians to key decision makers in hospitals as well as regulatory bodies in the healthcare space over the 7-week duration of the program. Most recently architected the master plan to develop the mPOD COVID-19 Dx by drawing up the technical design and building the critical relationships with manufacturers and hospitals to accelerate development and successfully deploy a diagnostic in time to make a population scale impact.
• Led the mechanical and robotics engineering team as Project Manager at Autonomous Therapeutics, a DARPA funded biotech startup in NYC. Led development of an automated pipetting apparatus that could transfer live cells and reagents, keeping mammalian cells and un-contaminated for several week long experiments. Served as the key interface between the engineering team and the science team.
• Led the technical and business vision behind the creation of the world’s first trickable electric skateboard by designing mechanically simulating custom composite stack-ups to endure high-G/impact while successfully mechanically insulating and thermally supporting high-performance internal support systems.
• Oversaw technical design and prototyping for Cornell’s bid to NASA’s MicroG NexT a project to design an instrument that astronauts will use to obtain samples in microgravity.
• Lead teams of 50 students through Stanford d.School’s Design Thinking methodology, guiding experience to organize and facilitate human-centered design thinking. Created design thinking solutions for companies including Google, AirBnB, jetBlue, Capital One.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$80||$80|
|5 hours||Not available||$350||$400|
|10 hours||Not available||$600||$800|