I believe a constant sequence of input from the tutor and output from the student is the key to helping a student learn anything. This means that whenever the tutor teaches the student something, soon after, the tutor asks the student to reproduce in some way what he was just taught. In my experience, this is the best way to ensure not only that the student has grasped the concept but that he will remember it until the next time it comes up.
I am a current sophomore at Brown University in Rhode Island, majoring in Classics (Ancient Greek and Sanskrit) and Computer Science. I have half of a year of tutoring experience teaching English as a second language for a volunteer refugee organization that works with Syrian refugees.
Bachelor of Arts (pending May 2023)
Concentration: Classics (Greek and Sanskrit) and Computer Science
Severn High School, Severna Park, Maryland, 21108
Graduated: May 2023
Class Rank: 1st
Sports: Varsity Cross Country (Captain) and Track
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ • January 2020-Present: For the past half of a year, I have worked as an English as a second language tutor for Paper Airplanes, a volunteer tutoring organization that works with Syrian Refugees.
• January 2018-April 2019: During my last two years of high school, I worked as an assistant karate instructor at Dragon Storm Karate Club, where I earned my first degree black belt
• SAT: Composite 1570; Math 800; English 770
• National Merit Scholar Finalist
• AP Scores: 5's on AP English Literature, AP English Language, AP Latin, AP Calculus AB (subscore on BC), AP Calculus BC, AP Computer Science A, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP European History, and AP U.S. History exams
• Martial Arts: First Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate
• Running: Completed the 2017 Baltimore Marathon with a Time of 3 hours 47 minutes
• Latin: 6 time gold medal winner on the National Latin Exam
• Greek: Winner of the Lafayette Sabine Foster Prize in Greek, Brown University
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$18|