My teaching approach is to create various teaching/learning styles to meet the needs of each individual student. Many students are visual and audio learners, therefore having both audio and video components in the classroom allows students to choose what fits them best.
I have been teaching for over 5 years and ESL for 2 years. My classes have contained 15 students per class. Students have improved their skills exponentially throughout the course. Before teaching higher education, I taught K-12 as a substitute teacher.
Cape Fear Community College Wilmington, N.C.
ESL Instructor 2019-Present
• Provide classroom instruction to adult ESL students by assessing their needs.
• Use assessments to inform direct instruction centering on work-related and employability skills that are immediately applicable to students’ lives.
• Adjusts teaching methods to students’ learning styles which may include demonstrations, visuals to support instruction, problem-solving, pair and small group activities, student speaking practice, meaningful interaction, role play, and feedback.
• Instruction is differentiated and contextualized.
• Improve English language conversational abilities to improve self-confidence and develop employable skills.
Ancora Education Wilmington, N.C.
• Promotes and Maintains a Positive Learning Environment
• Fulfills Administrative Responsibilities
• Contributes to the Improvement of Curriculum and Instruction
• Engages in Faculty Development
• Manages the Classroom/Laboratory
• Effectively Delivers Instruction
• Conducts Laboratory/Clinic/Externship/Practicum Activities (As Applicable)
Chowan University Murfreesboro, NC
Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice & Psychology 2017- Present
Assisting with various departmental duties and providing academic support to Professors and other staff. Recruiting, training, and mentoring new Tas and other junior staff. Conducting research and publishing papers in academic journals. Representing the university at conferences and delivering presentations when necessary. Teaching and supervising undergraduate students. Providing demonstrations and supervising experiments and investigations. Answering questions in class or via email, phone, or Zoom. Providing Professors and Departmental Heads with feedback on student progress. Attending faculty and departmental meetings and voicing concerns or providing suggestions for improvement.
New Hanover Juvenile Detention Center Castle Hayne, N.C.
Juvenile Justice Officer/Youth Counselor Tech 2007- 2018
2020 - Present
Directly monitor and supervise juveniles in both Youth Development Centers and Youth Detention Centers. Juveniles are supervised while housed, at school, and in all daily activities. The work is subject to close personal and physical contact with juveniles. Safety and security duties include maintaining a secure environment, routinely monitoring, and observing juveniles, maintaining compliance with cleanliness and sanitation standards. Positions provide feedback to the treatment team on juveniles. Daily records are completed to include documenting safety violations and security breaches, activity briefing for shift personnel, crisis intervention events, behavioral problems/issues, and youth progress updates. Other duties include housekeeping, physical and mechanical restraint of juveniles, medication administration, and recreation activities.
Bachelor of Science, University of Mount Olive 2010
Master of Arts, Keiser University 2014
Doctorate in Philosophy, Keiser University 2019
TEFL-TESOL Certification, Levittown, NY (T65287) 2019
Computer Skills, Communication, Problem-solving, Career Management, Self-Motivation, Leadership, Teamwork, Active Listening, Perseverance, Decision Making, Time Management, Conflict Resolution, Teaching Online, Strategic Planning, Canvas, Moodle, Blackboard, and Organizational Skills
Fellowships and Awards
Pi Gamma Mu Honor Society 2018
Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences 2016
American Society of Criminology 2016
American Psychological Association 2016
Society for Personality and Social Psychology 2016
Southern Criminal Justice Association 2012
Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society 2007
Basic Training Juvenile Justice Officer 2007
Governor’s Award 1986
vocabulary - english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest ESL lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||$150||$250|