I am a native French speaker and was born in France. I bring enthusiasm for the language to my lessons. I structure my lessons around the student, for their needs with teaching material and textbooks that I bring to you.
My name is Isabelle, my family comes from Cognac in France and I love to tutor French. Transmitting my enthusiasm for language is a major reason I like to teach and have been tutoring since 1994. I speak English and German in addition to French.
I am happy to discuss lower rates for entry level students and flexible scheduling.
WORK EXPERIENCE 1983 - current
“Alliance Française” in Seoul (South Korea) and Pretoria (South Africa), 2003 - 2013
Examiner, grader and exam proctor.
Cie VEGLA Vereinigte Glaswerke GmbH in Aachen (Germany), 1998 - 2003
● Conference organisations with all the other branches in Germany, general correspondence, carrying out meeting, commercial audit
● Travel and accommodation arrangements for the Managing Director Udo Brandt and the finances/controlling Department Head Hubert Reichardt.
University of California at San Francisco (UCSF), 1994 - 1998
Administrative assistant for a scientific group headed by Prof. Charles S. Craik.
● Grant preparation and submission. Preparation of progress reports.
● Postdoctoral fellowship preparation and submission
● Administration of manuscript reviewing / processing - Journal of Protein Engineering
● General correspondence, editing and formatting manuscripts, reviews, abstracts for conference, figure drawing; ordering reprints
● Carrying out documents searches in computer databases and library
● Тravel and accommodation arrangements for members of staff, visitors
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg/Germany, 1992 - 1994
Trilingual Secretary for a scientific group headed by Prof. Thomas Graf.
I was responsible for work produced mainly by 2 of the scientific groups at the EMBL
● Manuscript preparation, figure drawing, letter writing in the three EMBL working languages (English, German, French)
● Travel and accommodation arrangements for members of staff and visitors
● Organisation of seminars and conferences.
European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), Heidelberg/Germany, 1986 - 1992
Trilingual Secretary for a scientific group headed by Prof. Kai Simons.
The Journal of Cell Biology is a scientific journal. The European Editorial Office, located at the EMBL in Heidelberg, was administrated by Prof. Kai Simons the Associate Editor.
● Administrative work, corresponding verbally and in writing with reviewers and Monitoring Editors of the Journal
● Using computer-based JCB manuscript tracking system.
Rhenania/Transport Firm, Mannheim/Germany, 1986
Bilingual Secretary, French Export Department (German/French)
BERGER Engineering Consultancy in Aichtal near Stuttgart/Germany, 1985
Bilingual Secretary (German/French)
Hennessy, Cognac/France, 1985
Bilingual Secretary, Export Department (French/German)
Laboratoire d’Analyses Médicales (Medical Laboratory), Montpellier/France, 1983 - 1984
Temporary secretary. Reception, typing of results (French)
EXTRA-CURRICULAR WORK EXPERIENCE
2017 - present Private tutor, French
2005-2009 French and English private teacher in Seoul (South Korea), university level and beginners.
2005 French teacher at the Gwacheon High School (South Korea)
2005-2006 French teacher at the Seocho-Ku Town Hall (South Korea)
1994-1998 Private French teacher in San Francisco, California
French Mother tongue
Russian Good knowledge
COMPUTER Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, EndNote
EDUCATION and PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
2006 DELF/DALF Exams “Alliance Française”, Seoul, South Korea
Licence to correct and administer oral exams
1992 Certificate from the University of Cambridge, UK - English
1986 University Grey College in Durham, UK - Literature French and German
1984-1985 Intensive bilingual secretarial course ат Nancy-Laxou, France with training in a German Firm Heidelberger Zement (Heidelberg, Germany)
1984 Courses at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Economy and Languages (Montpeller, France)
1984 Exam from the “Goethe Institut” - German
1981-1982 Intensive School PIGIER - secretarial training
1981 Exam from the school “Benedict School” (Berlin, Germany)
Fully authorized to work in US (Green card holder)
References available upon request
french lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|