When it comes to Spanish from and English speaker's perspective, there are certain things which are crucial from the beginning. Firstly, pronunciation. I make sure my students are saying sounds and words correctly from the beginning; if not, this will seriously inhibit future growth and fluency. I also am a firm believer in understanding "why". This means, I use grammar as a way in order to make the language make sense. The contrary option would be to simply teach phrases and not explain why something is the way it is. By marrying, pronunciation, grammar, and real-world applications, I create a comprehensible and exciting way of learning Spanish!
I am a Spanish linguist with a BA in Spanish and Master's in Translation. I have lived abroad in Barcelona, Spain for an extended period of time and I have a thorough understanding of the Spanish language! I am also a great teacher, dedicated to helping my student accomplish their goals.
*Due to transportation constraints, I will 'not' be able to meet students outside of the NYC Metro Area; this includes all of New Jersey. If you are a NJ resident and would be willing to come into the City (at your own expense), I would gladly help coordinate a time/place for a session!
Zetting Travel February 2017 – Present
Founder and Travel Agent
• Website design and maintenance and logo and graphics development
• Coordination of meetings with clients across multiple time zones
• Generation of pricing/itinerary quotes for prospective clients
• Research and booking of travel arrangements (hotel, airfare, activities, cruises, etc.)
• Creation of couture travel itineraries
• Maintenance of budget and expenses
• Creation and management of social media; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Develop, share and post marketing materials to promote brand awareness and to drive sales
• Delivery of top-notch customer service
Cyberclick, World Trade Center, Barcelona, Spain March 2018 – June 2018
• Translated company website from Spanish to English
• Utilized HubSpot, Google Suite, Google AdWords and Slack
• Participated in company and marketing team meetings held in both Spanish and in English
• Fluently communicated in Spanish (both written and spoken) with colleagues
Panera Bread Co., Springfield, Missouri April 2016 – July 2017
• Delivered exceptional customer service to customers both in person and via drive-thru
• Prepared of soft drinks, teas, coffees and blended drinks
• Maintained cleanliness of restaurant
Central High School, Springfield, Missouri August 2016 – May 2017
• Acted as a liaison between Spanish-speaking students and English-speaking teachers in classes
• Developed individualized learning plans
• Implemented academic curricula
• Taught English as a foreign language
• Offered interpretation services between students/parents and teachers/administrators/faculty
Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Barcelona, Spain July 2018
Master’s in Translation Studies
Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri May 2016
Bachelor of Arts, Spanish, Cum Laude, 3.70 GPA
Missouri State University, Springfield, Missouri May 2015
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Musical Theatre, Cum Laude, 3.71 GPA
spanish lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$160||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$360||$350|