I am a nurse practitioner (MSN,BSN). I give lectures at diploma or degree levels. Online classroom preferable. I give guidelines notes and learning resources. My philosophy is translating lectures to live/practical examples for better understanding rather than imparting abstract knowledge.
I am a licensed practicing Nurse practitioner with more than two decades of experience in nursing. I was a part time lecturer at Divino Amore school of nursing (Now closed) when i was a nurse anesthetist in Cameroon. All my students were successful and are professionals today. I was a science student in high school with major in biology, chemistry and physics. This forms the foundation of my profession and a better understanding of the anatomy/physiology of the human body, and how it functions in a disease process (Pathophysiology).
My rates will vary according to student's grade, number of students, and with lectures out of the U.S
I am a board-certified adult-gerontology primary care nurse practitioner specialized in HIV/AIDS with extensive experience in primary care, and in urgent care with the NC department of corrections since July 2017. I equally have 10 years of experience as a primary care RN, 6 years as a vascular access RN, and 6 years as a nurse anesthetist. I am equally very skillful in many minor surgical procedures which expand my privileges to practice in many settings. I feel very comfortable in urgent care settings, primary care or in emergency department. I have a DEA, and NPI numbers and an unrestricted NP license in NC.
• Central line placement
• Peripheral IV access including pediatrics
• Troubleshooting problems with central lines
• Lumbar puncture
• Suturing of lacerations
• Excision of polyps and lipoma
• Incision and drainage
• Use of vascular ultrasound • Removal of toe nails
• Wound debridement
• Removal of foreign bodies
• Intra-articular injections
• Vascular care
• Bilingual in English and French
POLK CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
Nurse Practitioner 07/2018 to Current
This is the gateway for all inmates aged 25 years and below sentenced to prisons in NC. I currently carry out the following activities;
• Physical assessment from head to toe, record pertinent positives, order laboratory screening for STDs, and any other chronic disease.
• Collaborate with their primary care providers to get medical records to ensure continuity of care.
• Attend to their sick call and order radiology/diagnostic procedures, interpret results, treat, or make appropriate referrals to other specialties as needed.
• Review and cosign nurses' notes.
• Attend to trauma cases and carry out suturing, resuscitation, or referral to the ER in severe situations.
• Place utility request for approval by the administration concerning special procedures, and needs of inmates.
• Work at the central Prison Urgent care on weekends.
NORTH CAROLINA CENTRAL PRISON URGENT CARE
Nurse Practitioner 07/2017 to 06/2018
• Took comprehensive medical history and physical examination of patients.
• Ordered appropriate diagnostic tests such as X-rays, MRI, CAT scan, EKG, and lab work, interpreted results and initiate a management plan.
• Collaborated with other disciplines such as psychiatry, dentistry, nephrology, dietician, podiatrist to provide solutions to specialty problems.
• Prescribed medications to treat various conditions as presented by inmates.
• Received calls from all county jails in NC and carry out telephone triage and give appropriate instructions to the RNs/non clinical staff on what to do in case of emergency.
• Referred critical cases such as myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, and severe trauma to the emergency room at other hospitals.
• Received offenders after discharge from other hospitals and reconcile their medications and implement post op recommendations and program for follow up.
• Documented all activities in the EMR (HERO).
• Run 12 hours shifts alone covering the urgent care and all the inpatient units of the central prison including remote county jails during nights and weekends.
• Carried out repairs of lacerations resulting from self-inflicted injuries, and assaults.
DUKE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
Durham, North Carolina
RN 09/2012 to 06/2017
• Vascular Access Team.
• Insertion of PICC lines using the ultrasound and the Vasonova (venous processing system) to locate the tip of the central catheter.
• placement of midlines and peripheral intravenous catheters.
• Accessed and troubleshoot central access devices and provide or suggest solutions.
• Use of ultrasound to access difficult veins.
Nurse Anesthetist 01/2006 to 10/2011
• Carried out pre-anesthetic assessment for all patients scheduled for surgery to prepare the patients psychologically and physically.
• Carried out physical assessment to rule out any anatomical or pathological condition which can impact the conduct of anesthesia.
• Carried out blood work and radiological finding prior to surgery depending on the case and prepare for transfusion during surgery if envisaged.
• Decided on the choice of anesthesia together with the patient.
• Administered local, regional, and general anesthesia with endotracheal intubation to thousands of patients of all ages.
• Sutured lacerations at the casualty department and attended to emergencies.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
MASTER OF SCIENCE: PRIMARY CARE 2016
Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE: NURSING 2013
Grand Canyon University, Phoenix, Arizona
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE: NURSE ANESTHESIOLOGY 2005
University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital, Enugu-Nigeria, Nigeria
ASSOCIATE OF SCIENCE: NURSING 1994
Training School for State Registered Nurses, Bamenda-Cameroon
Training School for State Registered Nurses, Bamenda-Cameroon
ACTIVITIES AND HONORS
• Keynote speaker on the occasion of the celebration of the the black history month on 2/22/2019 at Polk Correctional institution.
• One day seminar participant on Opioids and marijuana: Managing the Nationwide Emergency on 4/11/2019
• Member of NCBON
• AGNP Board Certified
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$125|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$250|