Becoming 21st-century learners, workers, and citizens is more than just learning content knowledge; it requires learning how to be a better student and apply the skills they have acquired in school to real-world, practical situations. The first step in achieving that goal is convincing students that they are capable of achieving academic success by encouraging them to move from a fixed mindset to a growth mindset. I want my students to not just become better students, but also better people because high school graduation is a beginning, not an ending. What I do in my classroom prepares my students to go out into the real world. I like to encourage all of my students to be actively engaged in their own learning process. Additionally, I inspire my students to ask questions and think critically about what they are learning. It's not so much about teaching my students what to think, but how to think. I want my students to take ownership of their own education.
I am a private school teacher who has been teaching and tutoring in a variety of environments for over ten years. In addition to a Master's in Education, I also hold a Postgraduate Professional License from the state of Virginia with endorsements in English, Middle school English, Middle school mathematics, and Algebra 1.
I require 24 hours notice to cancel a lesson, otherwise, you will be charged a cancellation fee of 50% of the session cost.
Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA - M.Ed., Christian Education
- Thesis: "The Educator as Servant Leader: A Holistic Approach to Christian Education"
- Cumulative GPA: 3.86
- Dec 2011. Temperance in Organizational Leadership: Learn to Control Yourself Before Trying to Control Others. Presented at the 2011 Annual Virtual Conference on Moral Leadership.
- May 2010. A Practical Application of Servant Leadership Theory in the Educational Environment. Presented at the 2010 Annual Roundtables of Leadership Research & Practice - Servant Leadership Research Roundtable, hosted by Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- May 2009. Servant Leadership in Christian Education. Presented at the 2009 Annual Roundtables of Contemporary Research & Practice - Servant Leadership Research Roundtable, hosted by Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA.
- Wiltshire, E. D. (July 2012). Transformational leadership: What's your motivation. Leadership Advance Online. Iss. XXII. ((concealed information)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$45||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$150||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$250||$350|