I like to think of myself as a peer to my students. I take a casual but efficient approach to teaching that benefits students with all learning styles. I am attentive to different students' abilities and am willing to give the necessary attention to those who need it. My teaching knowledge would extend to high school biology, from preparatory to AP/IB levels. I am also open to tutoring college students struggling with introductory level life sciences courses, or any research-based inquiries or needs. My research background includes animal behavior studies in Argentine ant colonies to biomedical research in hematopoiesis in Drosophila and its applications to human blood genes.
I prefer to approach lessons in a very conversational style with many drawings, diagrams, and examples along the way to make the knowledge more accessible to a broad array of students.
I am a pre-med, biomedical sciences Masters student at Rosalind Franklin University. I attended UCLA for my Bachelors, where I majored in Biology. Through my educational history I have been involved in research from biomedical science to ecology, and have the practical skills needed to successfully provide insight into the field. I hope to use my skills to educate others who may be along a similar path.
Lyons Township High School August 2012 - May 2016
GPA (Weighted): 4.84 / 5.0
Academic Honors Fall 2012 – Spring 2016
University of California, Los Angeles September 2016 – June 2020 Bachelor of Science, Biology
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science August 2020 – May 2021 Master of Science, Biomedical Sciences
Work & Volunteer Experience
La Grange Memorial Hospital December 2014 – March 2016
Volunteer in P-ICU December 2014 – August 2015
• Answered phones for the unit’s nurses
• Restocked the unit’s rooms with various medical supplies
Volunteer in Emergency Room August 2015 – March 2016
• Escorted patients to various sections of the hospital
• Restocked ER rooms with medical supplies
Elmhurst Dermatology July 2017 – Sept 2017
Shadow of the clinical hours of Dr. Todd Davis, M.D., owner of the practice.
Starbucks Coffee Company July 2017 – Jan 2018
Worked as a barista at a newly built store under the management of a coffee master.
UCLA Transportation December 2017 – June 2018
Cashier at the ticketing offices for various parking structures on the UCLA campus.
UCLA Health Santa Monica Medical Center April 2019 – Feb 2020
Volunteering in the AMN nursing unit; assisting nurses and doctors in patient care and maintenance of the unit.
University of California, Los Angeles September 2016 – June 2020
• Chemistry (CHEM 14A, B, BL, C, CL, D, 153A) Fall 2016 – Summer 2018
• Life Sciences (LIFESCI 1, 2, 3, 4, 23L) Spring 2017 – Spring 2018
• Physics (PHYS 6A, B, C) Spring 2017 – Winter 2018
• Mathematics (MATH 3A – C) Fall 2016 – Winter 2017
• Statistics (13) Winter 2018
• Ecological and Evolutionary Biology Fall 2017 – Spring 2020
(EEB 120, 100, 100L, 155, 116, 129, 109, 109L, 115)
• Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics (MIMG 101) Spring 2020 • Anthropology (ANTHRO 129, 128P) Winter 2020-Spring 2020
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science August 2020 – May 2021
• Foundations of Clinical Medicine Fall 2020
• Intro to Interprofessional Healthcare Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
• Clinical Molecular Cell Biology Fall 2020 – Winter 2021
• Medical Biochemistry Fall 2020 – Winter 2021
• Physiological Basis of Medicine Winter – Spring 2021
• Topics in Physiology Winter – Spring 2021
• Medical Neuroscience Winter – Spring 2021
• Strategic Planning and Leadership in Healthcare Fall 2020
• Evidence-Based Management Fall 2020
North American Spine Society 2016
• Attended an educational clinic reserved for the top five students enrolled in LTHS’s Anatomy & Physiology class.
Rush Medical University Cadaver Lab 2016
• Attended an all-day hands-on symposium and surveyed prior surgeries
Pinter-Wollman Lab, EEB Department UCLA January 2019 – March 2020
• Tracking foraging behavior of Argentine ants in simulated colonies.
• Starvation experiments exploring the effect of seasonality on Argentine ant colonies in the lab from urban and natural environments.
Biomedical Research 10H, UCLA January 2019 – March 2019
• Discovering genes in Drosophila melanogaster responsible for hematopoiesis through RNAi
Interprofessional Team Immersion Present
• Workshop with a variety of health professionals designed to promote teamwork & situational leadership.
Matlab (intermediate proficiency), Apotome fluorescence microscopy, micro-pipetting, slide staining, slide mounting, dissection, formaldehyde fixation of tissue samples, RNA interference, genetic crosses (Drosophila), thin-layer chromatography, gas chromatography, IR/UV-Vis spectroscopy, extraction/distillation of organic solvents, serial dilutions, acid-base titrations, and C/H-Nuclear magnetic resonance
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$150|