Compassion, Collaboration, and Patience are the name of the game for me. I pride myself on being able to break anything down to whatever level you're at and helping you build from there at your own pace.
Level Zero? No worries. Level Less-Than-Zero? I got you. Level Divide-By-Zero? We'll figure it out together! Wherever you are right now is perfect. DO NOT JUDGE yourself...let's just go forward from here!
My mother once told me that, when I was a baby, the first two things she realized I loved were music and applesauce. My father gave me a book and left me to learn piano myself (under a watchful eye) because he believed the most important skill in music is drive and practice. By the time I was 16 years old I was being asked to give private lessons to adults, and since that day - teaching adults while still in HS, studying Music Performance in college, and spending a career as one of the most trusted private and group music instructors in the United States Marine Corps - I have told each person under my tutelage the same thing:
YES. YOU. CAN.
You can learn to make music! No matter your age. Most definitely regardless of "talent." If you feel like you can't, you just haven't found someone able (or willing) to describe it in a way you understand. And, as it turns out, you just found a guy who has spent a lifetime building up an immunity to "I Can't!" ;-)
Give me a shot. We will find *your* path forward together!
Any cancellations more than 24 hours before the scheduled lesson time will be eligible for a make-up lesson or a refund. Lessons with at least one hour notice of cancellation will still be eligible for a make-up lesson.
Principal Tuba - Spectrum Orchestra (2016-Present)
Beverly Hills, MI
United States Marine Corps Music Program (2004-2016)
- Principle Tuba, Low Brass Soloist, private instructor, and chamber ensemble leader for four different units.
- Highest Tuba performance assessment score in service history at time of my military retirement.
- Hand-picked and trained three public outreach teams which found success in all types of community demographics across the United States.
- Completed six recruiting tours with self-trained teams, performing interactive group discussions with over 70 high schools, colleges and communities in eight states. Helped each state visited meet their yearly quota for recruits within a single week.
- Presentation designer and large group instructor for eight major international performances.
- Assembled and trained teams and soloists for dozens of nationally televised appearances, including the Today Show, Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Tournament of Roses Parade, the National Independence Day Celebration, and multiple Mardi Gras festivals.
BA (in progress), Tuba Performance, Michigan State University
music reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$25|