I love using the grammar-based teaching (GBT) method. GBT uses grammar as the base, the starting point and foundation, for the development of all language skills — speaking, listening, writing, and reading. GBT provides information about English grammar accompanied by numerous and varied practice opportunities.
I am a certified TEFL teacher with 3.5 years of experience in teaching English Level I, II and Technical English. Teaching English is a very exciting experience and while I travel the world visiting my friends, I would like to continue teaching English from an online platform. I achieved an undergraduate degree at West Texas A&M University, USA and a master’s degree in science at the University of Queensland in Australia. I believe my multicultural background allows me to help students achieve their professional goals and also share my experiences and challenges as an international student.
I like my classes to be fun, dynamic and interactive. I am very patient and also take my time to provide constructive feedback to students being available for them and responding to their requests very quickly.
06/2014 – 12/2015
University of Queensland | Brisbane, Australia
Master in Conservation Science
Supervisor: Professor Pete Mumby,PhD
Research Project Title: Mangroves as nursery habitats for coral reef fish in the Galapagos Marine Reserve
08/2008 – 08/2011
West Texas A&M University | Canyon, TX, USA
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science and Biology
Supervisor: Dr. Nabarun Ghosh
Research Project Title: Increased cases of Allergic Rhinitis Caused by Higher Number of Allergenic Species in Texas Panhandle
09/2016 – 03/2019
Lecturer | Santa Elena State University, Santa Elena, Ecuador
● Lecture Marine Resources, Coral Reefs and Technical English classes
● Elaborated collaboratively a research project about sea slugs (Opistobranquia) in the Peninsulate of Santa Elena, Ecuador. I lead the project as Director and was also awarded a grant to adequate a lab and fund research activities.
Prepare curriculum and material for classes
● Supervise undergraduate internships and thesis
● Participate in core educational commissions
04/2016 – 08/2016
Lecturer | International University, Quito, Ecuador
● Lectured Marine Ecology, Oceanography and Marine Conservation
● Prepared lesson plans and curriculum
01/2012 – 09/2012
Conservation Education Presenter | The Walt Disney Company, Orlando, USA
● Delivered conversations about wildlife and animal behaviour in English, Spanish and Portuguese to thousands of visitors at Disney´s Animal Kingdom with the objective to inspire conservation action.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|