My teaching method varies based on the subject and students. I use multiple approaches to explaining a concept. In a class with multiple students, I encourage students to explain concepts to each other, with my guidance, as to be able to explain something, an understanding has developed.
I have a PhD in marine biology, with strengths in quantitative and theoretical ecology. I have worked as a research assistant and tutor at a university where I taught various subjects including marine ecological field techniques, data analysis/statistics, and chemistry.
2012 - 2019
Position: Research Assistant.
• Community ecology data analysis.
• Providing data analysis/presentation support for Honours/Masters/PhD students.
• Teaching marine ecology field techniques to Honours/Masters students.
• Monitoring sessile and fish community succession after establishment of artificial reefs.
• Use of statistical (R & Primer) and GIS (QGIS & ArcMap) software.
• Maintenance and creation of course Lecture Management System content through Blackboard.
• Application of species distribution modelling to predict climate change impacts upon Australian flora and fauna.
• Collection of data (native and exotic species occurrence records and climatic variables) and subsequent preparation for use in GIS applications.
• Preparation of manuscript text, figures, and tables to publication standards and quality.
• Marking assignments.
• Report and stakeholder engagement plan writing.
• Collection of native and exotic aquatic fauna and water quality samples for environmental monitoring.
• Engagement with project partners and stakeholders.
2012 - 2019
• Science, Society, and Data Analysis (SCIE1104).
• Data Management and Analysis in the Natural Sciences (SCIE4402).
• Chemistry I & II (CHEM0036 & CHEM0037).
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$25|