I start by giving an initial assessment to see where my students struggle and focus on those particular areas. I also identify learning styles that are unique to each student and use the strengths that each student has. I want each student to aspire for success and know that it is 100% attainable! We also make sure that each student can stay focused and take 2-3 minute breaks to keep optimal focus on the work at hand.
I am a recent Master's graduate from Boston University now applying to PhD programs in molecular biology and biochemistry, with 6 years of tutoring experience. Side note: I was also pre-med (took my MCAT) and can answer any of your medical school questions!
Boston University May 2018
Bachelor’s of Arts in biology; concentration in: cellular, molecular, genetics.
Master’s in Medical Science
RL Turner High School June 2012
Specialized: Biomedical Academy
Research Assistant (Embryonic Development) May 2015-Aug 2018
• Experimental manipulations of sea urchin embryos to understand the molecular mechanisms of skeletal gene patterning during development.
Medical Scribe (Scribe America) Feb 2016-Apr 2018
• Scribe for medical providers at Massachusetts General Hospital Emergency Department.
Medical Office Coordinator (BioCare Diagnostics) Aug 2015- Feb 2016
• Multi-task different jobs, including ensuring patient care, appointment scheduling, updating electronic medical records and insurance policies.
Research Assistant (Molecular Biology) Jan 2013-Oct 2015
• Conducted research in cardiology and septic shock by using mice models to identify cellular mechanisms that deteriorate due to septic shock. Publication: Hobai IA, Aziz K, Buys ES, Brouckaert P, Siwik DA, Colucci WS. Distinct Myocardial Mechanisms Underlie Cardiac Dysfunction in Endotoxemic Male and Female Mice. Shock. 2016 Dec; 46(6):713-722. PMID: (concealed information)
Resident Advisor (Boston University) Aug 2017-Aug 2018
• Upheld the RHA Lifebook, planned floor events and floor meetings and worked with fellow RAs.
AWARDS, HONORS, RECOGNITION
Undergraduate Research Grant 2014
CPR Certified 2015
Certified Nurse Aid 2011
Certified Emergency Medical Tech 2012
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking anatomy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$20||$16|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||$80|
|10 hours||Not available||$170||$160|