I use a personalized approach to tutoring. After the initial session, each lesson becomes increasingly individualized as I adapt the curriculum to the particular test-prep needs of the student. Any weaknesses are quickly addressed to ensure that conceptual and methodological foundations are solid. I work with materials the student is working on to develop new questions that allow for extensive practice.
I am currently pursuing my Masters of Science (in Dietetics) in Buffalo, NY to become a registered dietitian. I recently completed my Bachelor's of Science (in Nutrition and Dietetics), and have 2 years of tutoring experience in Math, English, and Science for high school students.
Master of Science - Dietetics 06/2019 - 05/2021
D’Youville College, Buffalo, NY
- Transfer Honors Scholarship (2019)
Bachelor of Science - Honors Specialization: Nutrition and Dietetics 09/2015 - 04/2019
Brescia University College, Western University, London, ON
- Western Scholarship of Excellence (2015)
Ladies’ Golf Club of Toronto, Thornhill, ON 04/2018 - 04/2019
Food & Beverage Server
- Demonstrated consistently high levels of professionalism and courtesy with club members, employees, and supervisors to assure efficient restaurant operations.
- Addressed guest concerns promptly and courteously, while monitoring food quality and going above and beyond to accommodate member needs and requests.
- Communicated food and beverage information to members with the ability to make recommendations and suggest modifications due to dietary restrictions.
Brescia University College’s Girls LEAD Camp, London, ON 09/2018 - 04/2019
- Developed an evaluation matrix plan to critically assess the existing Girls LEAD camp and identified data to be collected, to allow for the efficient creation of survey and interview guides.
- Developed a logic model to determine target groups, as well as short and long-term goals of the evaluation process, in order to reflect on progress made over time.
- Formulated questionnaire, interview, and focus group guides for the camp’s target groups before being sent to Western’s Research Ethics Board for ethics approval.
Platinum Studios Photography, Thornhill, ON 11/2013 - 04/2019
- Generated and maintained the company website by editing and publishing current photography content and utilizing search engine optimization to organize and market the company in a professional manner.
- Executed post-production retouching services, image optimization, colour corrections, and other digital support using Adobe editing software to achieve the highest quality for client photo albums and portraits.
- Assisted with photography shoots, including setting up, monitoring studio lights, and photographing events when necessary.
Casa Loma, Toronto, ON 05/2017 - 09/2017
Food & Beverage Server
- Maintained the highest level of guest experience by greeting guests upon arrival and accommodating their needs.
- Provided clear, polite, and positive communication with diverse guests, employees, and managers to ensure organized guest seating and seamless banquet service.
- Ensured that table settings and buffet stations were set in accordance with health and safety guidelines.
Camp Wahanowin, Orillia, ON 06/2014 - 08/2016
Camp Counsellor & Assistant Unit Head
- Supervised a group of children through various activities, promoting a positive atmosphere through active communication, supportive language, and interpersonal skills.
- Followed proper protocols as a top priority to report any illness or injury, while ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of campers.
- Achieved the highest ratings in supervisor evaluations, for dedication to supporting all campers, being flexible, and developing excellent relationships with camp directors and staff.
Western Dietitian Services, London, ON (hours: 108) 09/2018 - 04/2019
- Created social media posts for the Western Dietitian Services accounts which feature homemade recipes and healthy lifestyle quotes, in order to educate and inspire students and staff to make healthy choices.
- Assisted with on-campus nutrition promotional events, communicating the benefits and process of booking a nutrition-counselling appointment to students and staff.
- Designed and edited creative promotional materials and educational resources utilizing Adobe photo editing software to be used by the Dietitians in marketing efforts.
Food and Nutrition Laboratory Assistant, London, ON (hours: 61) 09/2018 - 04/2019
- Assisted students in the preparation of recipes efficiently by communicating instructions and problem solving when difficulties arise, to allow for the smooth operation of food and nutrition labs.
- Prepared various recipes in weekly labs independently, while demonstrating proper food handling skills and food safety procedures.
Hope For Relief Tutor, London, ON (hours: 36) 09/2017 - 04/2019
- Facilitated tutoring sessions with middle school students while adapting to their individual learning challenges and language barriers in order to aid in their understanding of mathematical and english concepts.
- Engaged with the student’s parents and the Hope For Relief directors in order to maintain effective communication and organization through the scheduling of tutoring sessions.
St. Thomas More Breakfast Program, London, ON (hours: 24) 01/2018 - 04/2018
- Collaborated with volunteers to prepare breakfast foods for low-income elementary school children by adhering to weekly recipe schedules and utilizing food preparation skills.
- Interacted with elementary school children while administering the prepared dishes to students before the start of school in an efficient and timely manner.
Human Environments Analysis Laboratory, London, ON (hours: 31) 09/2017 - 04/2018
- Prepared facilitation survey packages, by organizing the appropriate number of surveys and consent forms into each envelope, to allow for efficient survey operations.
- Conducted data collection by administering surveys to children at various elementary schools and assisting them to complete all sections, to ensure that all questions were understood and answered correctly.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$17||$12|
|5 hours||Not available||$75||$60|
|10 hours||Not available||$145||$120|