I help you until you get exhausted. I will use every method possible to get the point across.
I will use socratic method, direct teaching, or use association to teach. Basically anything under
the sun to get the point across.
I am a former teaching assistant where I taught Calculus II workshop courses at CSULA
I am also a math tutor with 4 years of tutoring experience. I have dealt with topics from
K-12. I am hoping to teach mainly calculus at the college level.
Cal State University, Los Angeles - M.S. General Mathematics 2019 Cornell University - B.S. Computational Biology 2012
Math Tutor July 2016 – Present
Mathnasium, La Canada Flintridge, CA (Part Time)
· Implemented math tutoring and dynamically multitasked anywhere from upwards of 30 children in a room from diverse backgrounds and ages
· Monitored student progress and prepared strategies to help individuals and groups encountering difficulties.
· Collaborated with other tutors to develop teaching activities to enhance math and interpersonal skills.
· Processed paperwork and maintained office cleanliness and organization.
Teaching Assistant January 2019 – May 2019
Cal State University, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA (Part Time)
· Taught two 1-unit Calculus II Workshop courses graded on Credit/No Credit and handled a variety of diverse students from low-socioeconomic backgrounds and cultures.
· Promptly organized a set of problems to do in class as well as mentoring students in Calculus II concepts and helped 50 college students with any struggles on past math courses. · Resolved behavioral problems with prompt intervention, sensitivity and a positive
attitude towards students
Math Tutor January 2015 – August 2015
One Step Learning Center, Los Angeles, CA (Part Time)
· Tutored and mentored math subjects up to precalculus for both first generation Korean immigrant middle school and high school kids with some being non-US citizens
· Designed and ran separate SAT courses for high school kids and gained experience communicating and teaching non-native English speakers
· Dealt with personal, psychological, and emotional issues that arose amongst students and often collaborated with directors to resolve problems
I am a friend of Vincent who has known him since we studied at Cornell University together. He is an excellent teacher with a passion for mathematics and teaching. He excelled as a TA and would recommend him to any student or for any teaching position.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, arithmetic lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|