BA in English with a Minor in Spanish Studies (anticipated graduation May '17)
Admission to M.Ed in Communcation Arts/Literaure
Individual or group settings
Focus on content comprehension as well as organization and study skills for overall academic success
Assignment based learning / homework help
Additional practice outside of school
I've been tutoring high school students in English and Spanish for 1 year with a federally funded program.
I have various volunteer experiences working in a wide variety of academic middle and high school settings over the past 4 years.
Also have experience working with elementary aged students.
Students that I work with gain study skills, organization methods, and content comprehension. Their grades improve from C's, D's and F's to A's and B's because they gain the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in problematic classes and all classes.
I've worked closely with over a dozen students, tracking their progress and developing relationships to best serve them.
University of Minnesota, College of Education and Human Development Minneapolis, Minnesota
Initial Licensure Program
Anticipated Graduation – May 2018
University of Minnesota, College of Liberal Arts Minneapolis, Minnesota
Bachelor of Arts, English
Anticipated Graduation – May 2017
Minor in Spanish Studies
DirecTrack to Teaching
Work Experience .
Academic Year Tutor Minneapolis, Minnesota
TRIO Upward Bound January 2016-Present
• Tutor minority, first-generation-college-bound students to provide them an equal access to education by means of developing college-level organization and academic skills
• Develop foundational organization and study habits for students to build on, encouraging successful academic and professional performance in college and beyond
• Communicate and document student progress to other staff members and for TRIO Upward Bound records to analyze student progress over times and to ensure consistency among staff members
• Reflect on and communicate student daily progress to other tutors to ensure consistency within the tutoring program
Volunteer Experience .
Classroom Assistant ¬ Minneapolis, Minnesota
Roosevelt High School February 2017 – May 2017
• Organize and prepare for lessons during preparation hour to ensure successfully executed lesson delivery
• Engage in discussion with two 9th grade English classes on a weekly basis
• Collaborate with host teacher and paraprofessionals to ensure each student’s needs are met
Classroom Assistant Minneapolis, Minnesota
Minnesota Internship Charter High School February 2016-May 2016
• Facilitated one-on-one learning with underrepresented populations including homeless and highly mobile, minority youth
• Assisted teaching staff with preparing and administering lessons to increase lesson effectiveness
• Maintained classroom control to sustain a productive learning environment
Classroom Assistant Minneapolis, Minnesota
Venture Academy September 2015-December 2015
• Supervised 15 eight grade students’ completion of self-guided, online learning projects
• Guided low-income, minority students with assignments to ensure content comprehension
• Promoted self-guided entrepreneurial learning by encouraging students to self-evaluate progress and productiveness
ELL Classroom Assistant Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sejong Academy September 2014-December 2014
• Served as an additional classroom resource for fifth grade Korean and Karen ESL students to help bridge gaps with reading and math literacy skills
• Engaged in conversations with non-English speakers to encourage language development
High School Personal Tutor Cottage Grove, Minnesota
Park High School January 2014-May 2014
• Conducted private tutor sessions with first year high school students consisting of lessons in organizational skills, study tips, and homework assistance in various content areas
• Developed relationships with students by working closely with individuals on a continued basis
reading lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest essay writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, college / university preparation lessons for all!
Taking english literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$17||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||$70||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||$130||Not available|