I take an individualized approach to teaching. Before I can create an action plan for a student, I take the time to get to know them--their learning styles, their self-identified strengths and areas for growth, and their short-term and long-term goals. My teaching methodology includes frequent data collection and progress monitoring to ensure student success.
I received my Bachelor's degree in Political Science from Pepperdine University before attending the University of Pennsylvania, where I received my Master's degree in Education. I am certified to teach math and special education. I have seen students make 2+ years of gains within a single school year despite significant learning difficulties.
Cancellation policy: All cancellations must be made within 24 hours. If cancellation is not made within 24 hours, student will be charged the full amount.
KIPP Delta Public schools Blytheville, AR
Interventionist Teacher July 2019 – Present
● Utilize evidence-based practices to provide resource services to students in need of academic support
● Work with team members to create transition plan and monitor progress toward outlined goals
School district of philadelphia Philadelphia, PA
Special Education Math Teacher August 2016 – June 2019
● Provide small-group instruction in self-contained special education classroom
● Collaborate with families and outside agencies to implement Individual Education Plan (IEP)
● Utilize student data to track progress and make informed transition planning goals
● Case management of 20-25 students resulting in 100% compliance by Child Count deadlines
AFS intercultural programs New York City, NY
Board of Directors Advisory Member August 2014 - Present
● Review and score applications and interviews of study abroad applicants
● Analyze data with program staff to ensure efficacy of application process
● Foster relationships with key donor base in alignment with development goals
- Organization saw 10% increase in donor funds during 2017 fiscal year
YES PHilly Philadelphia, PA
WorkReady Cohort Leader June – August 2018
● Oversaw the research and implementation of youth-led community service projects
- Collected data from over 200 members of a North Philadelphia community
- Presented data and possible solutions to city government officials
● Developed relationships with community stakeholders to facilitate youth-led advocacy
● Created program materials for youth in developing work-ready skills
● Facilitated presentations on communication skills and workplace best practices
Pepperdine volunteer center Malibu, CA
Volunteer Coordinator August 2014 – May 2015
● Recruited and trained student volunteers for education-related volunteer opportunities
- Maintained 90% of volunteer base, an increase from previous year of education-related programs
● Maintained records of financial expenditures, hours of volunteering completed, and individual progress
● Re-structured center’s protocol for interviewing, training, and implementing juvenile probation tutoring program
● Served as liaison between partner organizations and volunteer center
Children’s defense fund Los Angeles, CA
Freedom Schools Intern June – August 2014
● Implemented literacy and cultural enrichment program to 10-12 youth in juvenile probation facility
● Differentiated programmatic approaches to support individual strengths and needs
University of Pennsylvania Philadelphia, PA
M.S. Urban Education August 2016 – May 2018
• GPA: 3.98
• Certifications: Special Education (7-12), Mathematics (7-12)
• Coursework: Culturally responsive pedagogy, adolescent development, differentiated learning, progress monitoring and transition planning
Pepperdine Univserity Malibu, CA
B.A. Political Science August 2012 – December 2015
• GPA: 4.0
• Concentration: Conflict Management and Alternative Dispute Resolution
• 2013-2014 Academic Year abroad in Shanghai, China
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$350|