I have a B.S. in Material Science and Engineering from San Jose State University and would like to encourage students to enjoy and potentially pursue Chemistry and/or similar subjects prior to reaching college. Chemistry is required for all Engineers regardless of department, and can often be daunting if the subject is completely new to them at a University level. I would like to ease that transition to allow the student to thrive in their future classroom setting.
As your potential tutor, I hold great value in personalized lesson plans. Some students learn best through repetition of concepts and practice, while others learn best through the scope of application i.e. where does this concept show itself in daily life. Depending on the students learning style I will adjust my lessons according to their needs, and continue to adjust it to ensure growth and understanding of the subject matter.
I am a recent Material Science Engineering graduate looking to tutor and pass along my passion for Chemistry to students who may be struggling with the often difficult subject. I have been a Teachers Assistant for two Chemistry courses in my undergraduate career, and have taken General Chemistry all the way up to Quantum Chemistry and Spectroscopy. I have worked with youth in both academic and nonacademic settings that span over the course of several years.
Material Science and Engineering B.S.
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
• Chemistry 1A, 1B, 1C (General Chemistry)
• Physical Chemistry (Thermodynamics)
• Quantum Chemistry & Spectroscopy
• Physics 4A, 4B, 4C (Classical Newtonian Kinetics, Classical Electricity and Magnetism, Waves and Thermodynamics)
• Calculus 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D
• Differential Equations
• Linear Algebra
[03/2019 – 05/2020]
ENERGY MATERIALS LAB • RESEARCH ASSISTANT
SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY
• Developed a next-generation, aqueous-electrolyte lithium-ion coin cell battery
• Responsible for fabricating coin cells top-down, testing their quality with a Neware Battery Tester and BTSDA software, performing data analyses, and effectively presenting the results to the laboratory PI
YOUTH DRIVEN PROJECTS
[08/2015 – 05/2017]
CONFIRMATION CATECHIST HEADTEACHER
• Created a new hybrid curriculum for the course, split half on essential curricula given by the dioceses and the other half was driven by the students (Freshmen and Sophomores in High School, class size ranged from 12-16 students)
• Successfully wrote weekly lesson plans that facilitated meaningful and relevant conversations while maintaining student’s attention and participation
• Administered bimonthly tests and weekly quizzes to check for understanding
[08/2013 – 05/2014]
COFOUNDER LACES SOCCER CAMP
• Cofounded and coached Laces Soccer Camp (players ages 8 – 13) wherein all proceeds (over $10,000) were donated to the Right to Play Foundation: “An international charity that works to protect, educate, and empower children to rise above adversity using the power of play”
UNIVERSITY RESEARCH GRANT
OFFICE OF RESEARCH AND FACULTY DEVELOPMENT, SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY (AUGUST 2019)
• Spanish (Bilingual)
• French (Conversational)
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking thermodynamics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|