My teaching method is super personalized to each student. I like to give examples and explain why they are doing the steps they are doing. In my experience, students learn better when they know why they are doing certain steps instead of memorizing in regards to retaining the lessons and performing higher on their tests.
I am a college student that is about to graduate. I have more than 8 years of experience in teaching Math. I have taught over 110 students from grade Kindergarten through college students. I love teaching and showing people different ways of how to solve math problems. Most of my students receive a 1-2 grade higher than before and score average 13 points higher on their tests.
My cancellation policy requires at least 36 hours before tutoring appointment to get a full refund. From 36 hours to 4 hours from tutoring appointment, the refund will only be 50% of original payment. Anything canceled after 4 hours from the appointment, no refund will be given.
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies: Social Sciences, Minor in Leadership Studies December 2018
Florida Atlantic University Boca Raton, FL
Overall GPA: 3.12/4.0
Personal Tutor August 2016 – Present
PROPEL (People Reaching Out to Provide Education and Leadership) Boca Raton, FL
• Tutoring 75 high school students in the subjects of multi-levels of Math, English writing, History, French, and Art
• Managing orderly conduct and helping to promote the students to stay on schedule for the program
• Administering assigned assessments for students and reviewing their grades on Edline
• Participating as a mentor to the students by building strong relationships and trust, while providing advise
Group Fitness Instructor: Dance December 2015 – Present
Florida Atlantic University, Recreational Fitness Center Boca Raton, FL
• Customized a variety of cardio workouts involving dance
• Interacted with participates and formed relationships with students, alumni, and professional staff/faculty
Programming Coordinator Intern September 2016 – May 2017
Florida Atlantic University, Office of Diversity and Multicultural Affairs Boca Raton, FL
• Creating events that educate the student population, and promotes individual reflection on diversity issues and topics
• Generating proposals for events, handling $1,500-$5,000 budgets, filling out waivers/approvals forms, reserving locations, and gathering quotes from approved vendors
• Marketing for events by creating posters, sending out emails, contacting experts/guests, tabling, and handing out flyers
• Delegating tasks to student workers and volunteers, and organizing working shifts for events
Orientation Leader January 2016 – February 2017
Florida Atlantic University, New Student Orientation Office Boca Raton, FL
• Informing students and parents about resources within the University, and answer all questions/concerns
• Generating and maintaining feelings of welcome and happiness for students and parents through great customer service
• Collaborating with a team of 25 people to give a smooth transition to each session during orientation
• Promoting and reinforcing the image and values of the school by resolving any doubts or uncertainties
• Adapting to working long shifts of 18+ hours and developing consistency/endurance to sustain positive energy/attitudes
Dance Instructor/Administrative Support August 2013 – April 2016
Palm Beach Club Fit West Palm Beach, FL
• Instructed large groups of at least 75 people in dance workouts, using genres like Modern, Latin, Hip-Hop, and R&B music
• Managed the protein shake bar; taking orders, making the shakes, and serving the shakes to the customers
• Delegated varies jobs (behind the shake bar, clean up duty, setup, etc.) to other co-workers
• Handled paperwork of legal documents, waivers, and registrations of the customers
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook), Social Media (Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube), Prezi, Apple Software (iMovie, GarageBand, Keynote, Pages), Google+, Canva
CPR/AED Certified for Adults and Children, Red Cross
September 2015 – May 2019
Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect, Florida Department of Children and Families August 29, 2017
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking geometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$25||$20|
|5 hours||Not available||$90||$100|
|10 hours||Not available||$175||$200|