I tailor my teaching to the student. I don't use just one particular style. Every individual learns differently. I identify and access the best way a student learns, and I build my teaching style around that student.
I am a former United States Naval Officer and a former Corporate America manager in manufacturing products. Currently, tutoring is my full time job, and I love it. I earned a Math degree from the University of Texas at Austin!
EXPERIENCE: Self-Employed Waxahachie, TX
05/15 to Present: Business Leadership Advisor:
Provide impactful data and recommendations for continuous improvement process implementation. Servant leader providing business savvy counsel/advice to local small business owners. Possess a strong skill set in People and Business Management.
EXPERIENCE: Owens Corning Waxahachie, TX
05/14 to 05/15: Production Manager - shift:
Coached/Mentored effectively 60 team members in a union plant fast-paced work environment. Fed insulation glass products in a high tempo, made-to-order work environment for distribution nationwide. Result: Effectively met Production, Safety and Quality KPI’s 90% of shifts.
◦ #1 Production #'s in the final 2 months at the plant. Integral part of D shift production team in rotating (days/nights), dynamic shift, where a strong technical background needed.
◦ Safety Initiative: Implemented a heat stress initiative to reduce heat exhaustion incidents on the hot end.
EXPERIENCE: Guardian Industries Corp. Corsicana, TX
TENURE: 07/10 to 05/14 (4 jobs)
08/13 to 05/14: Production Manager - fabrication (4th job):
Coached/Mentored 4 supervisors and 18 personnel.
◦ Team's Awesome! Production #'s at 2.5M square feet a month at a 90% yield on 2 separate fabrication lines. Set new record for production! Executed successful CAPEX (Approx. $1M) for a new machine as the project manager. Result: Saved $50K in the first year. Reduced glass breakage by 25% working with other departments.
◦ 100% of department KPI goals met. Utilized Lean Six Sigma methods to identify and remove KPI barriers. Result: Improved yield from 87% to 90%.
◦ Improved glass input area inventory efficiency by 20% while maintaining production goals. Also, had Zero product availability customer failures by improving communication with Sales and National Account customers.
12/12 to 8/13: Distribution Lean Servant Leader (3rd job):
Hand-picked by Plant Manager to improve Logistics team kpi metrics. Result: Strengthened the lean culture in logistics by minimizing glass breakage within the work center, which reduced waste. Project manager for current state assessment, overtime reduction, manpower analysis, 5S project management and data gathering.
◦ Result: Improved logistics departmental Shipping scorecard from 70-75% grading to over 87% in 6 months. Also, improved open glass customer service on-time delivery metric from below 90% to over 95% in 6 months.
◦ Acted as logistics coordinator for 4 months to help out shipping department by filling the position due to unforeseen personnel loss. Result: While standing in, created Standard Work for the position and a training onboarding package for future logistics coordinators.
07/10 to 12/12: Production Manager/Maintenance Supervisor - shift (1st/2nd job):
Developed mechanics team (12-hour rotational shift) in glass production plant. Highly technical position. Shift Manager for 6 months for over 70 team members. Result: Improved shift production downtime by 10%. 100% retention #’s.
◦ Spearheaded lean initiatives in Maintenance department (such as 5S, Kaizen events, MTTR, Inventory management, value stream mapping). Result: Zero safety recordables/LTA in 24 months in maintenance/warehouse and helped improved MTTR by 25% annually on all 4 shifts.
◦ While Maintenance Supervisor, assigned to take over the Warehouse department at the same time. Supervised warehouse team for packaging/stocking glass off of the production line. Result: Improved 5S scoring by 25%. Established an effective training plan and improved the safety record in a short period of time. Led 2 teams for 6 months. Managed storage spaces for glass racks to help improve inbound/outbound loading.
EXPERIENCE: Frito-Lay Inc. (Pepsico) Wichita, KS
8/08 to 07/10: Branch Operations Manager:
Servant Leader of a Pepsico Distribution Center. Acquired a strong Lean, P&L background ($5M budget). Result: Saved $200K in first year. Catapulted! DC to Midwest South Region Team of the Year honors!!! Maintained 40 bin locations. Improved case per hour by 20%. Reduced overtime costs by 50%.
◦ Project manager for Lean Initiative: Result: Saved company over $100K in project Capital Expenditure costs on lean initiative involving centralization plan.
◦ Efficiency expert in OSHA, EPA, FDA, Food Security and DOT. Led 5S and TPM projects within the distribution center. Result: Improved customer service metrics by 30%. Retention up 25%. Ranked 40 out of 213 DC’s in the country (prior ranking 180).
◦ Member of Regional Safety Team. Helped create a more diverse and inclusive safety environment in all 7 regional distribution centers in the Midwest South Region.
EXPERIENCE: Sherwin Alumina Gregory, TX
4/07 to 8/08: Maintenance Foreman to Manager:
Coached/Mentored 99 personnel (9 Machinists, 11 Mechanics, 6 Welders, 4 Warehousemen, 15 Equipment Operators, 10 janitors, 44 builder tradesmen). Plant Lean manager for 6 months focused on improving plant maintenance processes to reduce waste. Result: Reduced waste by 30%.
◦ Strong Leadership and accountability: Result: Improved Machinist production by 20%. Improved Weld Shop production by 15%. Created assembly line production process for warehouse parts.
◦ Strong safety accountability: Result: Had Zero safety incidents in assigned department. Had Zero discrepancies during 2 annual OSHA Federal Safety Inspections. Responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of 221 pieces of mobile equipment such as heavy duty cranes.
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$25||$175|
|10 hours||Not available||$20||$350|