I am an early elementary tutor and incorporate games or other learning opportunities to enhance student learning. I base my methodology on student need. For teaching reading, I start with a sound phonics program such as McGuffey's and move into trade books quickly.
Over the last 10 years, I have taught online and face-to-face, in the US and overseas, from pre-school to college. Class size has ranged from 1 to 25, in both public and private schools. I have used a number of different curricula.
$10.00 fee if cancelling with less than 24 hour notice
Dominican University, River Forest, IL
Student in TESOL Master's program
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT
Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies with a Teaching Certificate
Rio Grande Bible Institute, Edinburg, TX
One-year Spanish language course
Baptist Bible College, Clarks Summit, PA
Two-year Special Student
Akron City Hospital School of Nursing, Akron, OH
Three year diploma program, leading to RN licensure
Experiences also included span of 12 years as a home-school teacher.
● Evaluated and selected curriculum
● Designed curriculum and created learning materials
● Planned lessons and activities for various grade and language levels
● Constructed and administered assessments
● Instructed in all required elementary subjects; additionally, taught Spanish
● Taught ESL in the US, Latin America and S. Korea
● Prepared cross-curriculum, multi-grade learning activities
● Ensured the health and safety of the students
● Assessed and monitored progress
● Maintained state-mandated records
● Encouraged appropriate socialization and interaction
● Encouraged development of language skills, both written and verbal communications
● Sought and developed alternative learning opportunities
● Provided opportunities for integration of lessons across the curriculum
● Provided a nurturing, compassionate, and supportive environment while encouraging academic, physical, and personal growth.
● Provided timely feedback for learners.
● Served as a judge for Spanish Olympics.
● Worked as a translator for the Migrant Health Fair.
● Participated in a faith-based after-school reading program.
Aug 2028 – May 2019 Elmwood Park Academy, Terrytown, LA
1st Grade Teacher
Planned, prepared, and presented lessons in all core subjects. Assisted ESL students. Maintained privacy. Maintained accurate and timely records (online). Sought evaluation and tutoring for certain students. Assisted other teachers in translating during parent-teacher conferences. Administered standardized tests in accordance with school policy.
Aug 2017 – May 2018 Asunción Christian Academy, Asunción, Paraguay
2nd Grade Teacher
Planned, prepared, and presented lessons in all core subjects. Assisted ESL students. Maintained privacy. Maintained accurate and timely records (online). Assisted other teachers in translating during parent-teacher conferences. Administered standardized tests in accordance with school policy.
Jul 2007 – Feb 2010 Sevenstar Academy, Cincinnati, OH (Online Christian School)
Jan 2011 – Jun 2017 Spanish Teacher
Administered pretests to incoming students. Evaluated student progress and provided timely, detailed feedback. Maintained communication with parents and school. Maintained accurate attendance, progress and other records. Guarded student privacy. There was a 1-year hiatus when I was teaching in S. Korea.
Aug 2015 - May 2017 Emmanuel Christian Academy, Springfield, OH
Prepared, taught and modified lessons. Provided a variety of learning opportunities to engage various learning styles. Evaluated student progress and provided timely, detailed feedback. Maintained communication with parents. Maintained accurate attendance, progress and other records. Guarded student privacy. Participated in safety drills, and preparing students for new drill (evacuation with reunification). Participated in teachers meetings, and NHS council. Served as translator for non-English-speaking parents, and as after-school tutor.
Nov 2012 – Jun 2015 Springfield City Schools, Springfield, OH
Prepared and taught lessons for Grades PK-6, at multiple levels. Administered state- and district-mandated testing. Maintained student confidentiality. Modified lessons and activities for students with IEPs. Provided a variety of learning opportunities to engage various learning styles. Addressed parent and student concerns, managed behavioral issues. Participated in faculty meetings, worked with team member for Work Day presentations. Assisted classroom teachers with ideas and strategies to improve student learning.
Aug 2012 – Oct 2012 Southeastern School District, South Charleston, OH
Long-Term Sub (Spanish)
Prepared and taught lessons for Spanish I-IV, maintained accurate grade and
attendance records. Modified lessons and exams for students with IEPs. Provided a variety of learning opportunities to engage various learning styles. Addressed parent and student concerns, managed behavioral issues. Participated in faculty meetings, developed cordial working relationships with others.
academic english lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, phonetics lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$15||Not available|