My teaching approach is to make learning fun and interesting through interesting conversations, analysis of music/lyrics, TV shows/movies, podcasts or discussions. I am flexible to the individual need and can tailor a lesson plan based on desired goals and outcomes.
I am an MBA student and have worked with education and international students for years. I myself speak 4 different languages and am acutely aware of the process of learning and improving languages. Moreover, I am passionate about learning and the academic environment in general so teaching and tutoring makes me feel fulfilled.
Masters of Arts in Business Administration December 2020 International Business Southern States University (SSU)
Bachelors of Arts in International Security and Conflict Resolution May 2017
Justice in the Global System Emphasis Minor in Sociology
San Diego State University, (SDSU)
Sigma Alpha Lambda Honors Society
Associates in Political Science, Global Studies, Behavior Science & Sociology May 2015 Santa Barbara City College, (SBCC)
Summary of Skills
• Analytical, adaptable, determined and a fast learner looking to further my professional development in a fast growing environment
• Languages: fluent in Swedish, English, Croatian, Norwegian, Danish & conversational in Spanish and French
• Certificate in Policy Setting in State and Local Government, Sacramento
Financial Analyst, American Specialty Health, San Diego, CA October 2019-Present
• Tracked company’s financial performance
• Analyzed business performance and market conditions to create forecasts
• Aiding senior management make tactical and strategic decisions by providing reports
Business Development Manager, Swedish American Chamber of Commerce, San Diego, CA January 2019-July 2019
• Project manager of an international cleantech conference, aimed at helping Nordic SMEs network & grow their business in the US
• Helped Swedish companies with their entry to the US market by connecting them with relevant business contacts & arranging visits in the region
• Built & strengthened relationships with American companies by recruiting them as new corporate members, selling consulting service & creating tailored marketing packages for them
Business Information Analyst, Solar Turbines, San Diego, CA April 2018-July 2018
• Worked in various databases as well as Salesforce to vet businesses & locations in order to communicate further with business partners
• Created & maintained Business Information & Master Data for over 30,000 customer records & checked accuracy across 8 different applications
• Identified & developed process improvements throughout the Service Parts organization including procedures for quotation & order execution, part allocation & warehouse distribution
Administrative Assistant, BWE, San Diego, CA January 2018-April 2018
• Assisted engineers on projects and managed the administrative operations of the office including planning and scheduling
• Created contracts & inputted contract information into Ajera database as well as internal log
• Monitored & recorded expenditures
• Coordinated between departments & operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative & operational problems
Executive Assistant to President, San Diego World Affairs Council, San Diego, CA November 2016-December 2017
• Direct report to President, providing support on priority issues & tracking commitments
• Point of contact in the Programs Committee, handled official correspondence, researched speakers & agendas for public events
• Academic outreach & event planning, hosting speakers, panels, lecturers & debates on world affairs & policy
• Academic and community development through coordination and integration to create cross-cultural dialogue
• Member of the website team, responsible for the update of the official website
Student Assistant, International Admissions Office at SDSU, San Diego, CA September 2015-May 2017
• Counseled 3000 international students per application period by evaluating documents & organized & analyzed data
• Communicated with students & arranged & organized events, tours & workshops to facilitate the application process
International Student Ambassador, SBCC, Santa Barbara, CA August 2013-December 2015
• Guided 1000 international students by designing curriculum to bridge cultural differences & adaption
• Established, introduced & led annual introductory class & in-depth tutorial to facilitate integration
• Coordinated & marketed workshops, volunteering and charity events for community improvement & social inclusion
Leadership and Philanthropy
Business Development Manager-Cleantech, Green Connections Conference, SDGE, San Diego, CA November 2018 Certificate of participation at the Left of Boom Conference, SDSU, San Diego, CA April 2017
Participant at NAFSA Ron Moffat Seminar for Peace and Global Civil Society, USD, San Diego, CA June 2014
Teachers Assistant “The Global Conversation,” Juanita College, Pennsylvania September 2014-December 2014
SBCC Ambassador Leadership training program and Leadership Certificate, SBCC, Santa Barbara, CA August 2013 Volunteer at anti-war organization 2020 A Year Without War, Santa Barbara, CA November 2013-December 2014 Volunteer at NGO Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, Santa Barbara, CA March 2014-January 2015
I had the incredible pleasure of working with Claudia 4 years ago when she was an ESL tutor to international students at San Diego State University. She has tutored and taught English for years and is the most enthusiastic and positive woman for the role. She loves helping others grasp phrases or words they are struggling with and always has a smile on her face. She speaks multiple languages which makes her a very understanding and well-versed tutor. I highly recommend Claudia as an A+ teacher.
ESL lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking writing comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$16||$16|