My teaching methodology is to break down any concept to its essentials and relate it to some example from everyday life. This helps students retain and apply knowledge. Imagine being able to do understand difficult concepts in engineering and mathematics just by remembering the basic underlying concept!
I am a Mechanical Engineer with a Master's degree from the University of Houston. For past 20 months, I was working at the University as an instructional assistant in the manufacturing lab. I led more than 500+ students in experiments in shop math, manufacturing, CNC programming, engineering and technology concepts.
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, University of Houston, USA (Major GPA: 3.4) May 2017
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Osmania University, India (GPA: 3.8) May 2014
Relevant Courses: Applied Mathematics, 3D CAD, Basic Electronics, Electrical Circuits and Machines, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines, Control Systems, Manufacturing Processes, Production Management, Machine Tool Design, Robotics
Manufacturing Instructional Assistant, University of Houston, USA (20 Months) May 2016 – Dec 2017
• 14,000 hours of designing parts and tools in CAD tools to get CNC code and perform subassembly manufacturing
• Generated 2D drawings of floor layout using AutoCAD to ensure smooth flow and reduced waiting time by 20%
• Demonstrated proficiency in product design (Poke-yoke), quality control & FMEA eliminating 90% product errors
• Led 500+ people in all experiments involving testing equipment like gauges and calipers; teaching in-depth details
• Implemented process improvements in the machine shop with Six Sigma (DMAIC) to reduce machining time by 30%
• Instructed 10 labs and developed exams and quizzes showcasing great verbal and written communication skills
Undergraduate Tutor, Osmania University, India (15 Months) May 2014 – July 2015
• Tutored 5 engineering seniors; guided students to become subject matter experts in Fluid Mechanics, Applied Mathematics, Control Systems, Heat Transfer, etc. and achieve high grades
mechanical engineering lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest engineering lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, technology lessons for all!
Taking industrial design lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$10||Not available||$10|