My teaching method is a combination of hands on, lecture and discussion. I focus on problem solving skills and critical thought. I spend as much time with a topic until the student understands before moving to the next lesson. I have found patients and practice is key.
I am a Mechanical Engineer with my Master's Degree from University of Michigan. I am a certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt and have trained many black belt candidates in my career. Looking to get the Six Sigma Certificate, I can help.
I prefer to meet at the Macomb Library - North Branch. If a lesson needs to be cancelled, please advise at a minimum of 24 hours in advance for non-emergencies. For a no-show, the full hour cost will be applied.
Stryker Medical, Kalamazoo, MI - Advanced Quality Engineer 2014 – present
• Quality Lead for new stretcher mattress launched in 2016
• Statistical Subject Matter Expert supporting Stryker Medical
• Authored training materials for six sigma program
Lab Operations Lead, Life Test Lab (Reliability) 2012- 2014
• Applied LEAN to improve lab efficiency
• Improved testing techniques to better simulate real-world conditions to detect issues prior to launch
Certified Master Black Belt, Lead Engineer 2010-2012
• Deployed Operational Excellence program throughout the organization
• Led teams to solve high-profile field and supplier issues such as delamination of circuit boards
Senior Engineer 2003 – 2010
• Energy Star (ESTAR) Cycle development - Developed new cycle exceeding energy-saving requirements while maintaining wash performance. Allowed Whirlpool to meet commitments on-time for Energy Star rebates.
MS in Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 1998
BS in Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, 1996
Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, Whirlpool and Six Sigma Associates, 2006
Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Whirlpool and Six Sigma Associates, 2010
mechanical engineering lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||$20||Not available||Not available|