I am an internal Medicine specialist, and have a Masters degree in Education in Sciences. I have been teaching for 25 years in Honduras Medical School in 4,5,6 and /th year of Medical School. Medical School is 8 years in Honduras. I moved to Miami in January and wish to continue teaching.
I have been teaching in the last 4 years of Medical School. We have 3 terms in one year and I have been teaching in the last 25 years and also studied inBenemerita University of Puebla Mexico for 2 years. I enjoy my previous job greatly
Name: Olga Elizabeth Rivera Vega
Place and Date of Birth: Tegucigalpa,Honduras.
May 8, 1964.
Civil Status: married
Husband’s name: Oscar Eduardo Vides Venegas
Parents: Olga Vega de Rivera and Carlos Humberto Rivera Medina
Children: Humberto Enrique (27 years old) and Carlos Andres Salgado Rivera (22 years old)
Address: 1000 NE 191 St Apt F22 Miami, Florida 33179
Phone number: (concealed information)
Fellowship: Weill Cornell University. USA.
Clinical Approach and Treatment in HIV patients. April 2015.
Masters Degree: Education in Medical Sciences. UNAH-Universidad Benemérita de Puebla, Mexico. July 2003 to April 2005
Fellowship: Postgraduate Faculty, Tel Aviv University
Update in Internal Medicine. Jan to March, 2001.
Specialization: UNAH and Instituto Hondureño de Seguridad Social.
Specialist in Internal Medicine. Jan 1990- December 1992.
University Studies: UNAH (Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras)
Medical Sciences Faculty of Honduras
Profesional number:(concealed information)
Elvel School, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
“BACHILLERATO and HIGHSCHOOL”
English Proficiency Exam of IHCI approved
February 2, 2005.
Elvel School, Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Congresses and courses attended:
1.-Intensive Mechanography Course. Smith Corona Academy
2.Basic Vital Signs and Injections, August 1983
3.Phisiopathology and Treatment of Dehydration and Diarrheas. September
4. Speaker in the First Scientific Week of the UNAH, November 1983.
5.-University Pedagogy I. UNAH, September 1984.
6.- Speaker in the Second Scientific Week of the UNAH, November 1984.
7.- I International Symposium of Epilepsy , Tegucigalpa, May 1985.
8.-Speaker in the Third Scientific Week of the UNAH, November 1985.
9.-IX Seminar in Medical Psyquiatrics, August 1986.
10.- National Course in “Internal Medicine 86”, December 1986.
1. International Course in Rheumatic Fever 1989, Tegucigalpa, March 1989.
2. Medical Congress on Blood Components for Transfusions, September, 1989.
3. Nytrendipine symposium, October 1989.
4. Conference on Preventive Therapy in Strokes 1990.
5. Course in Therapeutic Considerations in Geriatric Patients, June 1991
6. XXXIV National Medical Congress , July 1991.- Attendee.
7. XXXIV National Medical Congress Speaker .July 11, 12 and 13 ,1991.
8. Course in Critical Medicine 1992.
9. Updating in Cardiology Medications, March 1992.
10.XVII Central American Cardiology Congress , September 199
11.- Internal Medicine National Congress, November 1992.
12.-Medical Problems in Pregnancy Course, November 1992.
13.-Semiology Workshop (25 hrs.) 12-16 of July, 1993
14.-International Course in Internal Medicine , 1-4 of December 1993.
15.-Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms in Neurodegenerative Diseases,October 1994.
16.-Executive Course in Word and Office, December 1996.
17.-.-Internal Medicine National Congress 1996, December 1996.
18.-IV Nacional Course and V International Course in Gastroenterology, June
19.- Pneumological Emergencies’ Course 26-27 of June 1997.
20.- V International Course in Infectious and Resurgent
Diseases, August 1997.
21.- Internal Medicine National Congress 1997, December 1997.
22.-French Course. I-IV Level , French Academy Tegucigalpa, March to May
23.-XII Central American and Caribbean Congress in Cancer, November 2000.
24.-IX Internal Medicine National Congress 2000 Tegucigalpa.
25.-Fellowship of three months in Tel Aviv from January 9 to March 28 2001;
Wolfson Hospital , Tel Aviv, Israel.
26.- International Symposium in Perisurgical Care at Tel Aviv, Israel from the 20
to 23 of February, 2001.
27.-Workshop in Emergency Medicine , Red Star of David, Israel, February
28.-II International Course in Interventionist Cardiology at “Cardiology 2001”
29.-Symposium in Updating of treatment in Nicotine Dependence . September 28
30.- Internal Medicine International Conference 2001, Continual Education in
Clinical Medicine, Mayo Clinic, August 1- 05, 2001
31.-Attendee and Organizer of the VII Residences Program in Medicine Congress
November 15 al 17 ,2001.
32.-X National Congress of Internal Medicine December 6-8 , 2001
33.- Monographic Updating Course in Tuberculosis, Mayo 2002.
34. IV Latin-American Course in Rational Pharmacological Teaching 7-18 of October 2002.- La Plata, Argentina.
35. XXVIII Pan-American Medical Seminar ,Mount Sinai Medical Center y Miami Heart Institute, 21-25 of October 2002, Miami Beach, Florida.
36. Diabetic Foot Workshop on Prevention and Management, Tegucigalpa 24-28 of February 2003.
37. XVII Central-American and Caribbean Congress on Pneumology y Cirugía de Tórax.2003
38. IV Course of Chest Physicians American College , Tegucigalpa, March 31 to April 04 a, 2003.
39. XLVI National Congress July 9-12 2003.- Attendee.
40. Certificate as Speaker XLVI National Congress, Julio 2003.
41.-Certificate as Secretary of the Organizing Committee of the XLVI National Medical Congress July, 2003.
42. Propedeutical Course on the Masters Degree on Education for Medical Sciences, 18-27 of July 2003.- UNAH – Tegucigalpa.
43.-Seminar on Evidence Based Medicine July 29-30 2003. COCHRANE, Tegucigalpa.
44. Workshop on “Methods on Investigation Level I” Trinidad Reyes University- September 03 2003.
45. Community-Clinical, Workshop on Natural Disasters Guide , September 29 to October 01 , 2003.
46. Speaker on the XI National Congress of Internal Medicine “Armando Rivas” December 04 – 06 2003.
47. Organizer in the Workshop: “Teachings of Ratioal Pharmacology Based On New Methods “, March 15-19 2004.
48. XVI Scientific Week UNAH/DICU September 2004, II Parasitology Congress. Attendee and Judge in Independent Studies.
49. XII Internal Medicine National Congress, Dr “Sergio Murillo” December 2-4 ,2004.
50.Workshop on Legal Medicine, Honduran Medical College, December 20,2004.
51.Speaker in Seminar on “Advances in Internal Medicine”. Tegucigalpa, Honduras September 24,2005
52. Attendee in “Intensive Course for Specialists in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Tuberculosis” Sept 30 to October 1 2005.
53.Speaker in the XIII Internal Medicine National Congress, December 1-3 , 2005.
54. Attendee in the Course-Workshop “Education’s Role in XXI Century, Pedagogy Model” Dec 5-9, 2005.
55. Organizer in the Course-Workshop “Education’s Role in XXI Century, Pedagogy Model” Dec 5-9, 2005.
56. Speaker in XVIII Scientific Week from September 25-29, 2006.
57. Moderator in the XVIII Scientific Week from September 25-29, 2006.
58. Speaker in the III Parasitology National Congress from September 27-29, 2006
59. Speaker in the XVI Internal Medicine National Congress from Nov 30 to Dec 2, 2006.
60. Speaker in Geriatric Updating Seminar in Internal Medicine March 17, 2007.
61. Attendee to I Workshop in Clinical Investigation of the UNAH, from July 23 -24 ,2007.
62. Attendee to the Pre-Congress in Bio-statistics, inside the XIII Postgraduate Congress in Medical Specialties from Nov 14-17, 2007.
63. Attendee to the Pre-Congress in Bio-ethics, inside the XIII Postgraduate Congress in Medical Specialties from Nov 14-17, 2007.
64. Speaker and Organizer in the XIII Postgraduate Congress in Medical Specialties from Nov 14-17, 2007.
65. Speaker in the XV Internal Medicine National Congress from Nov 29 to December 1, 2007.
66. Speaker in Medical Emergencies Updating ,May 10, 2008.
67. Course in “ Advance EKG Interpretation”, June 2008. Online from the Catalan Institute of Cardiology/ Honduras Society of Cardiology
68. Attendee in the XXV Central-American and Caribbean Cardiology Congress, June 17-20, 2008.
69. Attendee in the XIV Military Hospital Medical Congress, September 11-13 2008.
70. Speaker in Internal Medicine Advances, September 27, 2008.
71. Speaker in Women’s Total Health Update , Precongress , January 21, 2009.
72. Attendee to the XVI Internal Medicine National Congress January 22 to 24, 2009.
73. Speaker in the Geriatric Seminar March 21, 2009.
74. Attendee in Medical Emergencies Seminar May 23, 2009.
75. Attendee in Internal Medicine Precongress to the XVII Internal Medicine National Congress January 20, 2010.
76. Speaker in the XVII Internal Medicine National Congress , January 22-23, 2010.
77. Speaker in the Updating Seminar in Internal Medicine February 26, 2010.
78. Speaker in the IX Scientific Student Association Congress , November 11-13, 2010.
79. Attendee to the Diabetes Leasders Summit, March 9 and 10 , 2012. Quintana Roo, Mexico.
80. Attendee to the Internal Medicine XIX National Congress, May 23 to 26, 2012.
81. Attendee in the Workshop “ Learning Process Planning Based on Abilities”, July 17-20, 2012.
82. Attendee on the III Central-American and Caribbean Infectious Diseases Congress , November 9 and 10 , 2012.
83. Attendee in the First International Course in Diabetes in Honduras , dependent to the ALAD. October 12 and 13, 2012.
84. Attendee in the Master Course in Hypertension, May 22, 2013.
85. Attendee to the Updating Central-American and Caribbean Symposium on Cardiovascular Diseases , May 23-24, 2013. Guatemala.
86. Attendee to the ADA 73 Congress in Chicago, Illinois, June 21-25, 2013
87. Attendee to the Workshop “ Construction of the Academic Axis In Primary Health Care School of Medicine/UNAH” December 11 -13 , 2013.
88. Attendee to the XXI Internal Medicine National Congress 2014, Tegucigalpa January 22-25, 2014.
89. Organizer and Attendee to the XXII Internal Medicine National Congress , February 4-7 , 2015. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
90. Participant in the HIPPA Training in HIV Patient Privacy, New York, NY, April 6, 2015.
91. Participant in the Training given by the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene of the city of NY , on the Technical Program on HIV , April 16, 2015.
92. Fellowship in the Management of HIV infected patient, in the Presbyterian Hospital in NY and the Weill-Cornell Medicine Faculty, April 2015.
93. Attendee to the Cardiology National Congress, August 13-15, 2015. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
94. Attendee to the XXIII Internal Medicine National Congress 2016, Tegucigalpa, Honduras. February 4-6, 2016.
95. Attendee in Cardiology Attendee, April 30,2016. Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
96 Attendee to the First Updating Program by the American College of Physicians. May 21, 2016. Roatan, Honduras.
97. Attendee in Update on Depression and Peptic Disease. Stand Alone. Panama, Panama. May 28, 2016.
VALEDICTORIAN in HIGHSCHOOL graduation at Elvel School
APPOINTED as Best Teacher of Fourth Year of Medical Faculty , UNAH 1996.
Recognition Diploma for the Contribution in the Study on Pharmacological Vigilance on Atorvastatine (Lipobay).
Recognition as Professor in Internal Medicine Residence on the period of January 1998 to December 2000.
President of Student/Physicians 37th Group for Postgraduates at Tel Aviv , Israel, sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Relations and Tel Aviv’s University.March 2001
Recognition by the Contemplative Nuns of the Good Shepherd for the Medical Care in Internal Medicine from 1993 to 2010.
Recognition Diploma for the outstanding contribution in the XLVI Medical National Congress ,July 12 2003.
Recognition Diploma for the support given to the Medical Population as well as the honduran population March 1, 2004.
Certification as Distinguished Professor in Internal Medicine Residence 2005.
Recognition Diploma by the Administration of Hospital La Policlinica for the contribution in the Updating of Internal Medicine Topics for the Medical Staff in 2008.
Recognition by the Internal Medicine Society of Honduras for Multiple Contributions in Scientific Activities granted on January 25 2013.
Special Recognition for 25 years of Medical Practice by the Board of Directors of Honduras Medical College granted on October 22 , 2014.
Instructor in Pharmacology Investigation Laboratory of Medical Sciences.- January 1983 to December, 1985.
House officer Intern of Hospital La Policlínica. March 1986 to February 1987.
House officer Intern of Hospital Escuela of Tegucigalpa, March 1987 to February 1988.
House officer in Social Service of Regional Hospital Santa Teresa de Comayagua, from April 17 1988 to April 06 1989.
General Practitioner in Charge of Nutritional Program in Medical Clinic in Comayagua, April 1988 to April 1989.
Resident Doctor in Internal Medicine in Hospital Escuela and Instituto Hondureño de Seguridad Social, from January 1990 to December 28 , 1992.
Medical Professor Level IV of the Medical School Faculty, January 1993 to January 2017. (23 years)
Private Practice of Internal Medicine in La Policlínica Hospital, from January 1993 to December 2016. (23 years)
Member of the Edition Committee of the Journal of the Medical College of Honduras, October 1995 to August 1996.
Coordinator of the Pre-graduate Program of the Internal Medicine Department, January 1995 to August 1996.
Coordinator of the Library Committee of the Medical Sciences Faculty, 1996.
Coordinator of the Internal Medicine House-officers in the Medical Sciences Faculty from May 1995 to December 2011.
Member of the Pneumology Society from 1997 to 1999.
Member of the Permanent Committee for the Specialty Classification of Honduras College of Medicine, 1998.
Active Member of the Internal Medicine Society of Honduras since 1999.
Chief of Ward of Male Inpatients (MBH) from January 1996 to May 2003 in (inpatient wards) for Internal Medicine patients in Hospital Escuela of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Coordinator of Hypertension Program in Internal Medicine Department of Hospital Escuela, Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Member of Image Committee of Hospital Escuela from January to December 1997.
Deputy Coordinator of the Carreer of Medicine of the Medical Sciences Faculty , April to December 1998.
Chief of Department of The Internal Medicine Department Faculty UNAH May 2001 to May 2005.
Member of the Admission Program to the Medical Sciences Faculty, since February 2006 to December 2016.
Member of the Self Assessment and International Recognition Committee of Medical Sciences Faculty, November 2002 to December 2016.
Member of the Honor Tribunal of the Medical College of Honduras, February 2002 to February 2006.
Secretary General of the Organizing Committee of the XLVI National Medical Congress, 2002-2003.
Night Shifts Duty for Internal Medicine Department from April 2004 to February 2006.
Chief of Ward of Female Inpatients (MAM) from June 2005 to January 2012 in (inpatient wards) for Internal Medicine patients in Hospital Escuela of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Chief of the Outpatient Service for Internal Medicine patients in Hospital Escuela of Tegucigalpa, Honduras, from January 2012 to December 2016.
Member of the Staff Selection Committee of the Internal Medicine Department of Honduras Medical Sciences Faculty, UNAH from January 2012 to December 2016.
Efectos broncopulmonares de algunas plantas medicinales de Honduras.- Cambar PJ., Alvarado C., Alger J., Rivera V. Olga (1983) (presentado en la I Semana Científica de la UNAH, noviembre de 1983).
Efectos de los extractores de Llantén, Negrito, Calaguala y Zábila sobre ulceras Gástricas en ratas (Shay). Cambar PJ., Cousin Luís., Santos Allan., Rivera Olga. (Presentado en la II Semana Cientifica de la UNAH, noviembre 1984).
Estudio comparativo de la Información que el Medico Hondureño tiene sobre Indicadores de Calidad sobre los Fármacos usados en Psiquiatría. Portillo P.R., Rivera Olga 1984 (presentado en la II Semana Cientifica de la UNAH, noviembre 1984).
Efectos del extracto Acuoso de Plantago mejor en el Choque Anafiláctico Inducido por Albúmina de Huevo en el Conejo. Cambar P.J., Alvarado C., Rivera O., et al. (1985) (presentado en la III Semana Cientifica de la UNAH)
Efectos de los Extractos Acuosos en las Plantas Medicinales de Honduras en Volúmenes y Mecánica Respiratoria en Conejos., Cambar P.J., Alvarado C., Rivera O., et al (1985).
Revisión de Casos de Bocio ingresados en el Hospital Escuela de Tegucigalpa, en el Periodo Comprendido entre 30 de junio de 1980 al 30 de junio de 1985. Dr. Membreño A., Bachilleres Herrera M.E., Rivera O.E., Castro M., Mejia E., et. Al noviembre 1985.
NOT PUBLISHED ARTICLES:
Esclerosis Sistémica, casos clínicos, presentada en Sesión de Departamentos de Medicina Interna 1996.
Espondilodiscitis Infecciosa, Reporte de un caso 1997, presentado en sesión de Departamento de Medicina Interna.
Tuberculosis Hepática.- Reporte de un caso. Presentado en Sesión de Departamento de Medicina Interna, enero 1997.
Farmacovigilancia en Atorvastatina. 06 de septiembre de 1998 al 28 de febrero de 1999.
Uso de Bisoprodol en la Hipertensión Arterial.- Reporte de tres casos agosto a diciembre del 2000. Merck, Sharpe and Dome., Rivera O.E.
Rivera O. E. Efectos de Hiperlipen en los Niveles Lipidicos.- reporte de tres casos Sanofi – Synthelabo., agosto a diciembre del 2000.
Profesor Dan Michael, Rivera Vega O. E., Pielonefritis por Aspergillosis.- reporte de tres casos..., Hospital Wolfson, Holón, Israel, marzo 2001 (en preparación para publicación).
Farmacovigilancia antihipertensiva de Coreg (carvedilol) en 10 pacientes de abril a agosto del 2004. (Roche Farmacéutica).
Velásquez, Nelson; Rivera Olga. Tiroides y Cardiopatía. (Presentado en el XXXIV Congreso Medico Nacional) 1992 (Biblioteca Medica Nacional, en proceso de ingreso al sistema).
Dr. Portillo P., Rivera O., análisis Cualitativo del Diagnostico y tratamiento de la Hipertensión en adultos en el Hospital Santa Teresa de Comayagua; en el periodo comprendido entre el 01 de septiembre de 1987 al 31 de marzo de 1989. Biblioteca Médica; Facultad de Ciencias Médicas, UNAH. Ref: 132 R62.
Echenique L., Rivera O.E., Hernandez N., et al. PROGRAMA DE INTRODUCCION A LA CLINICA (CL-201) 1995. UTES, Facultad de Ciencias Médicas, UNAH.
Bulnes R., Rivera O.E., Nuñez A., et al. PROGRAMA DE CONTENIDOS DE CLINICA MEDICINA DE QUINTO AÑO (Cl.-305) 1996. UTES, Facultad de Ciencias Médicas, UNAH.
Rivera O.E., Dan Michael. Fiebre del Nilo del Oeste; una nueva Amenaza de los Viejos Continentes. Revista Medica Hondureña, 2002; 70: 194 – 197 (No. 4).
Alger J., Rivera O., Complicaciones Agudas de la Malaria por l. vivax abril 2003. (presentado en el XLVI Congreso Medico Nacional, julio 2003) publicado en el suplemento No. 1 del Volumen 71 del 2003, de la Revista Medica Hondureña.
Alger J., R.E. Alvarenga, C. Javier, O. Rivera, et al. Reseña Histórica del Congreso Medico Nacional y presentado del XLVI Congreso, Tegucigalpa 2003. Revista Medica Hondureña, 2003; 71: 48 – 54. (no.1).
Alger J., Rivera Vega O., Maradiaga E., Aguilera E, et al. XLVI Congreso Medico Nacional “Dr. Pablo Cambar” Revista Medica Hondureña 2003; 71: 156 – 164 (no.3).
Alger J., Lopez E., Rivera O.E., et al. Comité Organizador XLVI Congreso Medico Nacional. Guía sobre la Realización de un Congreso Medico Nacional.- Reglamento del Colegio Medico Nacional.- anexo I. XLII ASAMBLEA, COLEGIO MEDICO DE HONDRUAS, Choluteca, febrero 2003.
Alvarado Gálvez C.M., J. Alger., O Rivera Vega. “Dr. Pablo José Cambar: Reseña Biográfica de un Medico Admirable.” Revista Médica Hondureña 2003; 71:223 – 228.
Rivera Vega O., Estudio comparativo del Rendimiento Académico entre los cursos Vacacionales 2003 – 2004 y 2004 – 2005 del departamento de Medicina Interna, aplicando el Medico Constructivista. TESIS DE MAESTRIA, abril 2005.
Trochez Cesar.,Efrain Bu Figueroa., Rivera Vega Olga., Coinfeccion de Hepatitis B/C en pacientes con VIH y factores Asociados en el HEU, periodo del 1 de marzo al 15 de julio del 2014. Revista Medica de Postgrados en Medicina/UNAH. diciembre del 2015.
• SPANISH –Fluid Reading, speaking and writing.
• ENGLISH – Fluid Reading, speaking and writing
• FRENCH – SCARCE Reading, speaking and writing
January 10, 2017
Dr Olga Elizabeth Rivera Vega. MD. Masters Degree. Internal Medicine Specialist
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$28||Not available|