My go to style is always to try to crack jokes. As such, I prefer older (highschool or above) who allow me to use my humor in a way that relates to them. I find that a light hearted approach always opens the mind to be more receptive, and I am always up for a challenge. Anyone who has ever met me would tell you my personality is "unforgettable."
I have a degree in Chemical and Biomolecular engineering with a minor in mathematics from the Johns Hopkins University (ranked #9 nationwide). I have been regularly volunteered to tutor other students since I was in Middle School and have been tutoring as a career officially for over 2 years.
Prices are more expensive depending on subject (Can range up to $70/hour )
I live in Aventura (30+ min drive: Additional $2/hour)
Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD Graduated: August 2018
Bachelor of Science in Chemical & Biomolecular engineering
Minor in Mathematics
Independent contractor: Online, Miami, FL
Tutor Oct 2018 – now
• Companies: Chegg Inc, TutorDoctor LLC, Planting Seeds for Tomorrow LLC
• Assisted students with all manner of subjects
• Highest level sessions were about Calculus and Organic chemistry topics.
• Prepared students for standardized and non-standardized tests.
Senior product design project: Baltimore, MD
Graphene Oxide-Mediated Solar Desalination Jan 2018- May 2018
• Worked in a team of four seniors to produce an original product concept complete with energy and mass calculations, economic analysis, and safety concerns.
• Oral presentation to faculty at the end of the semester.
• Presented a poster to students, faculty, and alumni on Hopkins Design Day 2018 – voted best poster by students and faculty.
Florida International University Miami, FL Learning assistant September 2013 – Dec 2013
• Assisted General Chemistry 1 lectures and answered student’s questions.
• Attended weekly seminars throughout the semester with the professor to improve tutoring practices and prepare tutoring plans.
DBP robotics Miami, FL
Instructor Summer 2013
• Guided young children with designing and programming LEGO robots.
THREAD organization: a non-profit incentive mentoring program Baltimore, MD
Member Jan 2015- May 2016
• Communicated with a group of 3 other members and the mentee to discuss progress, action plans, and transportation assistance to school/events.
• Attended tutoring for THREAD at Frederick Douglass High School on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Math club at Alonzo Tracy HS (Academy for Advanced Academics chapter): Miami, FL
Founder / President Oct 2014 – May 2014
• Created the club and organized math related tutoring and events.
Languages: Fluent in speaking and writing English and Spanish.
Software/programming: Python, Java, Matlab, Aspen Plus, Maplesoft, Microsoft Office
mathematics lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, physics lessons for all!
Taking chemistry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$35||$35|
|5 hours||Not available||$30||$175|