My teaching method relies on the cooperation from both myself and the student. Communication, along with asking questions, is essential. I approach the subject starting with what the student finds most difficult by breaking it down into simpler, comprehensive ideas. Furthermore, I truly believe that once the basics of a topic are understood, the more complicated applications can be tackled, as long as the foundation is strong. Questions are always encouraged, and I do my best to answer them with clarity, followed by examples and/or secondary questions to the student. In addition, I am flexible with trying different teaching styles that the student may prefer in order to get the message/lesson across.
I have tutored high school and first year university students in the past who have benefited from my lessons. I hope to continue my support.
I am a graduate from the University of Toronto and from Centennial College. I have an Honors Bachelor degree in Microbiology and Molecular Genetics as well as a Diploma in Biotechnology. I am skilled in various biology branches. I currently work at Silliker, a large food-science lab.
Practical laboratory skilled student with an understanding of laboratory techniques acquired through education and experience in laboratory settings. Able to complete tasks with attention to detail, optimal quality, expedience and excellent communication skills in a brisk environment.
Biotechnology Technologist – Advanced Diploma Coop Program 2017
Centennial College, Toronto, ON
Molecular Genetics, Microbiology and Health and Disease – Honours B.Sc. with Distinction 2013 – 2017
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
Relevant Academic Labs:
● Handled and weighed raw chicken, sea squid, oatmeal and corn samples and cultured bacteria on various media
● Transferred an antibiotic resistance gene from one bacterial strain to another and tested for antibiotic resistance
● Swabbed environmental surfaces to determine the presence and absence of organisms
Microbial Analyst 2018-2019
Silliker Canada, Markham, ON
• Conduct numerous water filtration samples for various clients
• Interpret results of water filtration samples
• Pipette different samples to required dilutions onto various media
• Accurately pipette spread plates to allow for proper homogenization of sample
• Efficient in Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS) computer work
Lab Technician 2018
Centennial College, Scarborough, ON
● Handled different strains of bacteria including E. coli, S. aureus, and P. aeruginosa
● Regularly prepared different buffers and various general, selective and differential media followed by pouring into petri dishes, RODAC plates or test tubes to be used for experimentation
● Dispensed a concentrated microbial culture into appropriate tubes and/or flasks using a biosafety cabinet
● Monitored deliveries and inventory daily to ensure the presence of essential media, chemicals and equipment
● Documented the various types of media made and the amount used in highly organized logbooks
● Handled flammable chemicals, such as acetone, ethanol and isopropanol and used them to create solutions
● Inoculated and incubated samples with concentrated culture for student experimentation
● Consistently operated autoclaves to sterilize media, equipment and biohazard waste
● Filter sterilized liquids in a laminar fume hood to significantly reduce the possibility of contamination
● Prepared essential daily solutions, such as alcohol and citrus disinfectant, to be used during aseptic technique
● Made McFarland Standards used as estimates by students for turbid liquid solutions
● Effectively maintained the cleanliness of all labs to minimize contamination and control the level of biohazard waste to ensure the safety of students
● Aided students in ongoing summer lab sections to ensure their success and completion of lab protocols
Assignment Invigilator 2015 Kumon Education Centre, Mississauga, ON
● Supervised and administered assignment sessions by preparing student entries
● Aided students while following strict procedures and ensured needs were answered
biology lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cell biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$13|