Each lesson I teach is catered to the individual, depending on age, experience and personal strengths. If a student is a beginner, our first lesson will focus on instrument care, assembly, and making their first sound on the headjoint. If a student has previous experience, our first lesson will include bringing in material they love to play, and setting goals based on their current ability level. General teaching philosophies and techniques I adhere to include scaffolding, spiral curriculum, and sound before sight for beginner flutists. Healthy practice is essential to my approach to teaching flute, so we will regularly talk about breathing, muscle relaxation, and body alignment. We will also regularly address smart practice habits by maintaining a weekly practice journal.
Jennifer Rodriguez is a flutist and educator with administrative experience working for Classical Music Indy, and previous intern for Chicago’s Fifth House Ensemble. Jennifer is currently pursuing her MM in Flute Performance at UW-Milwaukee, studying with Dr. Jennifer Clippert. Previous flute teachers include Dr. Mihoko Watanabe (Ball State University), Melissa Ngan, and Scott Metlicka.
Per half-hour: $25
5 half-hour lessons: $115
10 half-hour lessons: $230
(In-person and virtual rates are the same).
Excused Absences – If you know you have a conflict with a specific lesson, let me know as soon as possible. Please notify me at least 24 hours in advance if you must miss a lesson and we will try to reschedule if possible (see section 2). Please use your best judgment and discuss with me in a timely manner. Some examples are listed below:
● Music Performances that you are participating in
● Sporting Events that you are participating in
● Doctor’s Appointments, Illnesses, and Other Emergencies
● Vacations and Holidays (with appropriate notice!)
Unexcused Absences – Hiring a private music teacher means respecting each other’s time and keeping absenteeism to a bare minimum. If I am not notified at least 24 hours in advance, the student will be charged for the lesson and I am not obligated to make up the lesson.
University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee: Master of Music in Flute Performance Milwaukee, WI 2021
Ball State University: Bachelor of Science, Cum Laude, Music Education Muncie, IN 2017
Wisconsin Conservatory of Music: General Music, Flute Instructor:
Milwaukee, WI 2020
• Bucket Drumming
• Beginner Group Piano
• 2020 Private Lessons Scholarship Judge – Woodwinds
Pendleton Middle School/HS Flute Lesson Instructor: Muncie, IN 2018-2019
Muncie Music Center Flute Lesson Instructor: Muncie, IN 2018-2019
Mt. Vernon Flute Sectional Instructor: Fortville, IN 2018-2019
Lapel Middle School WW Sectional Instructor: Lapel, IN 2018-2019
Vibe Music Academy Flute Instructor: Indianapolis, IN 2018-2019
Mock Solo Ensemble Judge- Mt. Vernon High School: Fortville, IN 2017-2019
Mock Solo Ensemble Judge- Pendleton Heights High School:Pendleton, IN 2017
• Judged/ Provided feedback for flute, bassoon, and woodwind ensembles.
Student Teaching: Jefferson Middle School: Fort Wayne, IN 2017
• Percussion, Orchestra, and Band Instruction
• Beginning Strings and Woodwinds Instruction
• Daily Conducting
• Daily Lesson Planning
Practicum: Delta High School, Burris Academy: Muncie, IN 2017
• Middle School string instruction.
• High School band instruction.
Music for All: Flute Audition Judge: Muncie, IN 2016
• Worked with Ball State faculty to assess flute placement.
• Selected sight-reading material
• Managed timing/ judging of all flute auditions.
Music for the Sake of Music: Flute Studio Teacher/ Program Coordinator: De Pere, WI 2016-2019
• Daily flute lessons Monday-Friday for three weeks
• Teaching middle school-adult age students
• Original flute curriculum development
• Chamber performance experience
• Hired musician in community band and orchestra
• Involvement in faculty meetings for team development
Together in Music: Presenter/ Instrument Petting Zoo: Muncie, IN 2015-18
• Interaction with Muncie community members of all ages.
• Instrument transport
• Setup/ Teardown at community events.
• Public speaking and promotion of Muncie Symphony Orchestra.
• Demonstrating and teaching fundamentals of woodwind, brass, and string instruments.
Hagerstown High School: Marching Band Tech: Hagerstown, IN 2016
• Teaching flute fundamentals and visuals.
Mt. Vernon High School: Marching Band Tech: Fortville, IN 2015-16
• Teaching flute fundamentals and visuals.
Youth Symphony of East Central Indiana: Sectional Coach: Muncie, IN 2015-17
• Facilitate auditions for woodwinds symphony members.
• Trumpet performance on Fall concert 2015
Monroe Central High School: Sectional Coach: Parker City, IN 2015
UW-Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra: Milwaukee, WI 2019-2020
Concord Chamber Orchestra: Milwaukee, WI 2019
Ball State Symphony Orchestra: Muncie, IN 2016
Ball State Campus Orchestra: Muncie, IN 2014
Elgin Youth Symphony: Elgin, IL 2012-13
UW-Milwaukee Wind Ensemble: Milwaukee, WI 2019-2020
Ball State Wind Ensemble: Muncie, IN 2013-17
Graduate Flute Ensemble: Milwaukee, WI 2019-2020
• Flute, Alto Flute, Bass Flute
• 2020 Chicago Flute Fest Performers
Black Cat Quintet: Milwaukee, WI 2019-2020
Ball State Flute Guild: Muncie, IN 2015-2017
Tritone Trio: Muncie, IN 2016
Ball State Flute Choir: Muncie, IN 2014-2017
The Musical Palette: Interdisciplinary Flute Recital: Muncie, IN 2017
flute lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||$40|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||$200|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||$400|