Explore student's interest, motivation and ability in each subject and establish mutual understanding of achievable quantitative and qualatative target objectives.
Analysis student's aptitude and develop step by step approach to overcome obstacles, adversities and maximize student's potential in achieving the target goals.
A senior global banking and investment executive with than 25 years in teaching, practicing and mentoring high school students to senior executive in financial accounting, international auditing, sales and marketing, business strategy, international economics, finance and banking plus career development.
C-level financial executive with demonstrated ability to generate quality transactions with excellent sustainable results. Expertise in global investment, business development, project finance, negotiations, cross borders strategic planning and partnering, credit and operation risk management, fund raising, coaching and mentoring. A proactive, decision maker with the ability to quickly analysis complex situations, prioritize problems, and formulate high impact solutions and recommendations. Led 6 startups and 3 sell downs. Language proficiency in English, Chinese - Cantonese and Mandarin, fluency in Japanese and basic Korean.
Impact Capital Management, LLC – Bethesda, MD
Managing Founder - 9/2017 to current
Global business consultant specializing in global finance and investment including Non-Profit startups and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) advisory services.
HK Renewable Energy Venture Company Limited - Hong Kong, China.
Managing Director – Chief Financial Officer 2/2012 to 8/2017
• Led the startup and formation of a solar power utility company with 50 staffs in Hong Kong, Beijing and solar power generator platforms in Yichun City, Heilongjiang Province, China.
• Established operation department to include accounting operation, internal and external audits, HR and banking relationship with Chinese banks and US EXIM Bank financing.
• Structured 33% sell down of $85MM Phase 1 (50 MW) equity of 2 solar power generation projects 1.2 GW and 400 MW.
ACCION International - Boston (Oldest and largest Microfinance NGO)
Head of Asia Development - Hong Kong 1/2010 to 2/2012
• Established Asia Head Office in Hong Kong to expand donations from global financial institutions and multinational corporations. Built fundraising strategic partnerships with corporations and banks to support 3 microfinance projects in India and 2 in China.
• Negotiated with the Hong Kong Council of Social Services to draw up the first non-registered foreign NGO Donation Collection Agreement and established online donations with HSBC.
• Assisted in obtaining the US$1 million technical assistance funding from the International Financial Corporation (IFC), a subsidiary of the World Bank for the profitable microfinance company.
• Assisted the selling off 70% equity of ACCION Microcredit China to investor and maintaining management control with a 300+% return.
ACCION Microcredit China. - Chifeng, Inner Mongolia, China
Chief Executive Officer 2/2009 to 1/2010
• Led the establishment of ACCION International's first China project; one of the two wholly foreign-owned microfinance companies in China and achieve break even within 10 months of operation.
• Negotiated and obtained approvals and licenses from the People’s Bank of China and the Central, Provincial and City government levels to operate 3 micro-lending branches in Chifeng, Inner Mongolia.
• Recruited key management team from the region and established the accounting system, internal audit and performance review system. Upon the incorporation of AMC, trained the credit analysts, loan officers and operational staff of 30+. Provided oversight and guidance to streamline the accounting procedures and administrative policies in accordance with the local rules and regulations. Operation was profitable in 9 months.
Winthrop Capital Management, LLC - Hong Kong
Managing Partner and Co-founder 6/2000 to 12/2008 (sold company to Korean investors)
• Established and grew private equity company portfolio with staff of 25 to US$400+ million for major Asian investors. Focused on direct investments, M&A and financial advisory services for Asian Real Estate, Trade Finance, OEM manufacturing and high technology industries.
• As interim CEO and CFO for 4 of the turnaround international trading and manufacturing companies in the portfolio, successfully restructured the management, operations and financial systems resulting in improved sales efficiency and achieved excellent returns.
Man Group - oldest alternative investment fund. (concealed information)
Regional Business Development Manager Asia Pacific. 2/1998 to 6/2000
• Registered and launched the first alternative investment funds in Hong Kong approved by the Hong Kong Securities & Futures Commission.
• Formulated and implemented strategies to educate and penetrate the different Asian markets. Established Asia Risk Management system, which substantially increased Asian income contribution.
• Expanded assets under management from US$500 million to US$3 billion within 2 years by introducing new product development, alliances, and private label products with Asian financial institutions and large corporations.
National Australia Bank, Ltd. Hong Kong (Largest Australian bank)
Country Head & General Manager - Greater China/ Managing Director-Asia 4/1996 to 4/1997
• Headed the Asian Credit Committee overseeing all loan approvals, syndications, reviews and audits for the 5 Asian branches and 3 representative offices in the region. Initiated residential real estate lending in Hong Kong and grew portfolio to US$300 million. Increased Trade Finance by 50%.
• Increased productivity and decreased Asian staff turnover by implementing employee mortgage and incentive plans to include operational staff. Streamlined operations and reduced cost/income ratio from 70% to 55%.
• Turnaround of Hong Kong 100 staff branch and drove Greater China business to increase revenue by 35%.
• Led 3 and participated in 5 syndicated loans in the Asian market increasing the total Asian loan portfolio by US$ 1.6 billion to US$ 3 billion. Significantly improved problem loan recovery with no charge offs.
Massachusetts Financial Services Company (MFS) Oldest mutual fund company
Regional Managing Director - Asia Pacific - Hong Kong 7/1993 to 2/1996
• Established Asian headquarters in Hong Kong and introduced the MFS family of offshore funds to the Asian market. Developed new, and expanded on existing, relationships with investment institutions and professionals.
• Directed Asia marketing and targeted regional financial institutions for mutual fund distribution. Optimized territorial efficiency by having a formal sales process in place. Broke even within 12 months.
• Closed wholesale agreements with 14 new Asian financial institutions. Negotiated US$120 million in joint ventures, 4 in Taiwan and 2 in Korea.
First City Texas Bancorporation - Los Angeles, CA 11/1990 to 6/1993 (Bank acquired by Chemical Bank)
• Vice President – Head of Western Region Asia/Pacific commercial lending and trade finance.
Westpac Banking Corporation (2nd largest Australian bank) - Los Angeles, San Francisco, CA. 7/1987 to 11/1990
• Vice President - Head of Pacific Rim corporate banking and trade finance.
Bank of Boston Corporation 1/1978 to 6/1987
• Vice President-Western Region - Established and Headed the Asia/Pacific Corporate Lending, Trade finance and Private Banking. Los Angeles
• Vice President & Country Head - Established Seoul Office and up graded it to Seoul Branch, South Korea - Head of Credit Committee in South Korea.
• Asia Pacific Assistant Vice President and Credit Manager for all lending at the wholly owned merchant bank - Bank of Boston (Asia) Ltd. – Hong Kong
• Assistant Vice President - Bank of Boston (Asia) Ltd. – Hong Kong. Shipping, Project and Trade Finance.
• Completed the Credit Analyst and Loan Officer Training Program and promoted to Loan Review Officer.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
The President’s Volunteer Service Award - Gold 2006-8, 2014-18
TEDxWanChai Advisory Board Member 2013-2016
2019 24th World Scout Jamboree WOSM Messengers of Peace International Team Lead Assistant
Boy Scouts of America – National President's Scoutmaster Award of Merit, Wood Badge WE4-58-92-14,
International Scouter Award, Silver Beaver 2005 Direct Service Council
National Capital Area Council, Potomac District Vice Chairman &
Head of Finance Committee and Friends of Scouting fund rising,
Chairman Eagle Scout Board of Review, Council Venture Officer Association Associate Advisor,
Chairman Venturing Crew 27, Ship 255 Skipper, Ship 27 Committee member
Graduate School of Business, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI - Finance and Accounting courses
Graduate School of Linguistics, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan - Certificate Advance Japanese
Great Lake Colleges Association - Japan Study Program - Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan
Earlham College, Richmond, Indiana - BA Economics
American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED current
business lessons close by? Here's a selection of teacher ads that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest finance lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, marketing lessons for all!
Taking management and organization lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||$40||$20|